Doric

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Doric

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Of all the glorious Greek architecture on Sicily, the Doric columns are probably the most emblematic. Stately in their Attic simplicity, they adorn some of the best preserved places the Greeks ever left behind. Nag Champa always makes me think of hot hot days and hot hott nights, Fresh green skinned melon scent blends perfectly with it as does red honeysuckle. A perfect blend for the night.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Doric

Post by hill78 »

Very nice and well blended. Initially there is a rush of green melon, similar to a strong honeydew. It is sweet, but definitely on the green side, not candied or heavily sweet. The melon recedes fairly quickly into the melange of red honeysuckle and nag champa. This is floral, but more of a sweet, juicy floral than a traditional floral. This doesn't have a ton of throw, but I applied lightly. I can still smell the melon in the mix, but only if I sniff very close to the skin and really inhale. It's more like a musky green melon skin blended with the floral notes. Very nice for summer!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

This is a lovely honeydew fragrance. I am actually preferring Doric to Triangulation. The nag champa is very light, so for anyone who does not like it, I wouldn't worry. The honeysuckle comes through on the drydown. I usually get bored of melon & cucumber type scents after a couple of hours so they are great for soaps & shampoos but Doric is more of a fragrance that I can wear all day. After drydown I can smell melon & honeysuckle with a very light dusting of nag champa. The longevity is moderate and so is the sillage. I'm very happy I purchased a bottle, I can see wearing Doric often through this promising hot summer. I might have to pick up another bottle if this does not make the permanent catalog.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This is one I'm torn on. Sillageslut, how sweet is it (bearing in mind that my sweet tolerance is pretty low)? That's the only thing that's giving me pause. Love the idea of honeysuckle and nag, but the melon might ruin the party for me.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

funkmoppet2 wrote:This is one I'm torn on. Sillageslut, how sweet is it (bearing in mind that my sweet tolerance is pretty low)? That's the only thing that's giving me pause. Love the idea of honeysuckle and nag, but the melon might ruin the party for me.
I do not find Doric too sweet. Compared to Triangulation, it is less sweet and not as green. The melon in triangulation is more like melon/green apple because of the bergamont. In Doric the nag champa tones down the sweetness. I could do without the champa in the nag champa, but the funky part does dissipate somewhat. The honeysuckle is very nice but not overly floral and tones down the sweetness even more. It is still not my perfect melon scent because of the champa, I would prefer a stronger church type incense, but I prefer the melon in Doric to the GREEN melon in triangulation. The sweetness in Prestidigitiazione is comparable to Doric. If you like melon and you like nag champa, you'll love it.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Thank u! Oh the quandary. I'm playing roulette with Prestidigitiazione, and hoping its popularity will get it a permanent slot, but ughh. Might pop Doric back into my cart.
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I think Prestidigitiazione is getting a lot of love and will likely go permanent. As for the other two? That only Fabienne could answer.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

That initial blast of sweet honeydew doesn't last long, as the other notes emerge fairly quickly to temper it. This grows quite deep and even a little sharp on me (I enjoy sharp so this is welcome!). Yes, there's melon, but this is a lot more complex than the usual melon/cucumber type summer scents, and Doric is earthier thanks to that nag shaking things up. The honeysuckle keeps it bright and a musky base rounds it all out. I'm finding this one moreish and fascinating, and a bit of a winner.