Etna

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Etna

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Strong and aromatic, Etna is a powerful blend of grey and crystal musk, a musk I put together which I call 992 and packs a real punch. It's hard to say whether this one is super hot or super cold, like a burn can confuse your sense of touch. To be sure it is alluring as hell and I named it after the famous volcano for a reason.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Etna

Post by Petticoats »

Etna is really going to challenge my powers of description. I can't come up with anything yet to compare it to, but Fabienne's description is dead on. This is strong, aromatic, and powerful--and somehow a little cologne-y, making me think of a classic men's fragrance. It's not that it's masculine, exactly (although it might be awesome on a man), and it even has a little bit of an herbal edge when I just sniff it in the bottle; it's a fragrance that makes a statement, for a woman who isn't afraid to assert her presence. Stiletto heels and black Italian bespoke power suit optional.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

I decided to give Etna another try tonight, and I'm glad I did. It's warmed up and gotten a bit more feminine, and it's really beautiful in a dressy, elegant way. It's not a comfy jeans fragrance, but something to bring out of your arsenal when you feel like being noticed.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I could weep this is so brilliant.

The musk is definitely present, but so is a glorious camphor/evergreen note that always suggests eucalyptus to me. It's this note that suggests "cold", and it's the same note that's in (and I mention this only as a point of reference) Bpal's Samhain (and by extension, since they smell alike to me: Yankee Candle's Autumn Lodge), and I LOVE that note. The musks are wonderful alongside it, and the whole thing evokes the forest at the base of the mountain. A sexy camp-out. Earthy, breezy, and sexy and I'm calling it now as my favourite of the collection. Makes me relaxed and happy and evokes the outdoors in a beautiful and uncomplicated way. This one will easily transition into colder months, as it's currently winter here and this is giving me the warm and cozies.

It was a no-brainer buy for me, and has little chance of making the permanents (merely a confident prediction), so I am thrilled to have a bottle of this gem in my stash.

ETA: And it just gets muskier and more awesome the longer it's on. <3
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I'm sold, thanks for the great review Funkmoppet. I was so close to ordering Etna, but did not because the reviews were unclear on how this fragrance actually smelled. I think you are correct about it having little chance of making the permanent catalog. I will need to get another order in before the collection comes down.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Do it, Sillageslut! It really deserves more love as there's nothing like it in the general catalogue, but I know that camphor/eucalyptus/evergreen (thank you, sophisticated nose!) will scare a lot off. But IMO, it makes the blend.

It's actually taking some degree of self-control not to order a backup with my second last-minute Sicilian order, as I know that I don't get through bottles given the size of my collection. But I love it so much that it's giving me that mild back-up bottle panic feeling. ;)
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I had a total brain fart! I put my order in for the new Cambienne and I completely forgot to go into the Sicilian Seduction for my bottle of Etna on the order. Aaaah! It is not worth the shipping cost to Canada to order just one bottle, so my stupidity has left me S.O.L.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Any time your order has not shipped, just let me know you want to add on and I will do my utmost to give you what you want. Not a biggie. :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

You are so wonderful. Thank-you so much.