Fiore Di Profumo

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Fiore Di Profumo

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
The beautiful flowers for which Sicily is famous, along with a few notes which are enhancements for the whole. Acacia with its honey scent, neroli, the whiff of lime and the artful addition of a bit of linden blossom to hold the whole together. A bouquet perfume held together with the lime juice. It is a tremendously classy and elegant perfume, perfectly pitched for summer yet with that honey note which will carry it through to the first chilly days of fall. A real beauty and the flower of perfume.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Jennifurious

Re: Fiore Di Profumo

Post by Jennifurious »

First Ever Possets Review!

This reminds me of the breeze on a warm spring day in Ohio when the trees are in bloom. Exactly as I had hoped. A sweet sun-dappled green. It's exudes warmth and coolness at the same time. The lime provides a bit of bite and the linden lends that floral freshness. It definitely makes me think of being outdoors and overall I find this to be a very charming, lovely and unique fragrance.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Jennifurious wrote:First Ever Possets Review!

This reminds me of the breeze on a warm spring day in Ohio when the trees are in bloom. Exactly as I had hoped. A sweet sun-dappled green. It's exudes warmth and coolness at the same time. The lime provides a bit of bite and the linden lends that floral freshness. It definitely makes me think of being outdoors and overall I find this to be a very charming, lovely and unique fragrance.
Yay! So glad you gave this a review. Welcome, and I hope you continue with more reviews. :grin:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Well, well, well, aren't you just a sly one little Fiore Di Profumo? I admit, I didn't try this one right away because I didn't like what I smelled in the bottle. It put me off and I was dragging my feet to try it.

Then, this morning, as I was rushing out the door to a court date (speeding, ugh!), I dabbed this on, grimaced, then went out the door. Within minutes though, I started huffing my arm and going, "Oh wow. Oh my." The oh my has continued to grow all day. At first, the notes I don't like stay dominant. The bitter side of neroli rides high (and I do mean bitter), and the bitter side of linden, and the bitter side of acacia all just seem to go nyahnyahnyahnyahnyahnyah. But then something really magical begins to happen. The notes begin to soften and merge and blend and Oh My Word this is lovely.

It took a good hour for the notes to resolve on me, but this is probably one of THE BEST floral perfumes I have ever had on my skin. It dries down without any honey notes, and the neroli turns into gorgeous white flowers somehow. I get an almost gardenia-esque vibe from this. TRUE gardenia. Not fake and gross cheap perfume gardenia. (And I think somehow there's a creaminess to this perfume that translates as gardenia--not sure how.) As this softens further, the honeyed sweetness of the acacia comes forward in what I would almost say is a demure way, but there is nothing about this perfume that is demure--however, it is all lovely and lady.

The lime is there. But it turns more into lime blossoms as it continues to dry and merges SO prettily with the other notes that I never EVER think "Oh, there's lime in this one."

This whole perfume says white flowers to me, without the screaming headache most white flowers give me. It's lush. It's lovely. It's really very charming and delightful. I have felt SO pretty all day wearing this. That totally caught me by surprise--especially because what's in the bottle and what goes on my skin primarily is bitter and feels less than pretty. But this turns into something really lovely. If you have this and haven't tried it, I HIGHLY recommend that you do. (And I'm thinking I may have exceeded my use of capital letters for this post, but it's worth every capital letter lol.)

I don't gravitate toward floral perfumes. I tend to sniff and bypass, or wear for a little bit and give away. But this, yeah, I'm keeping this one. Mmmmm. So lovely.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!