Gelato: Blood Orange

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gelato: Blood Orange

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Italian gelato is noted for being much more concentrated in their flavors than American ice cream. A bit less sweet but loaded with flavor, it is world famous. When the wonderful Sicilian Blood Oranges give up their essence to become gelato, the world swoons.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Boudicca

Re: Gelato: Blood Orange

Post by Boudicca »

I love this one. Wet in vial and on skin, it is a juicy blood orange. Very realistic Blood Orange. After a while the gelato comes through.
One sentence description: A high class slightly exotic creamsicle.
The dry down rocks.
ETA: May I elaborate on the dry down? Damn, no, not really. It gets less foody and just Rocks

I might need a FB. This could hang out with Sweetbaby and take turns for bedtime potions.

It's one of those I would like to slather.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I must acquire a FB of this. Yes, I <3 it. Try it. You will not regret it.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Boudicca wrote:I must acquire a FB of this. Yes, I <3 it. Try it. You will not regret it.
I really wanted the other Blood Orange, but since the sensitivity notice was posted I had to stay away. Which meant that I am SO looking forward to this being in my hot little hands. It was a MUST on my order. I can't wait to try it.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This is fantastic. It goes on as a deep juicy orange (not a light orange at all, but deep and rich), then immediately has the gelato coming in to make it creamy and delicious. Although it's definitely gourmand, it's also not as light and fluffy as I expected it to be. It has some weight, and the depth of the orange is really wonderful. I keep huffing myself and my clothes. This is delicious, sweet but not too sweet, and fun in a completely grown up way.

For those who like the "creamy" blends of Fireflies and Luminaria, this is a must try. Having said that, although I love those two, this one has rocketed above those as being my favorite due to the depth of the orange and the overall strength of the notes. The others are delightful (as is this), but this has a bit more oomph and staying power, and (imo) is much more solid while still retaining that delightfully yummy quality. Mmmmmm what a fabulously wonderful grown-up treat.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Updating to add that I have been so loving the dry down on this one. Creamy orange with a few other soft notes tossed in that create a whole of mmmm so lovely and wonderful. I think I'm going to be bold enough to say that I hope this one makes the GC. It's unique enough (not many of these kinds of fragrances on the GC list), and so utterly wearable by anyone of any age. I could even see a masculine sort wearing this and adding a bit of wood to sex it up (or woods and spice--oh my). This has been a bright and happy thing all day long for me. Admittedly, it doesn't last quite as long as I was hoping, but I'm still getting wafts of it now and then and I'm still happily huffing my clothes. :grin:
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This one's on my second order list (just waiting for the funds to pull the trigger on it). Maya, you have me ready to layer it with Nigel, for an extra woods'n'spice kick!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

funkmoppet2 wrote:Maya, you have me ready to layer it with Nigel, for an extra woods'n'spice kick!
Lol. I woke up this morning and told myself to put on something else, but my hand reached for this instead, and then I said, "Okay, layer it with something kicky." Instead, I left it as is lol.

When I came downstairs, my husband said, "You smell like cotton candy and pipe tobacco." After I mulled on that for a minute, I realized how he could be getting that, and it is probably why I see this as something that could be masculine in right conditions.

I really did intend to layer it today. Instead I slathered it in all its glory and walked out of the house feeling decadently fun.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Maya, your post helped me decide what to wear today :hug:
The dry down is fabulous, isn't it? If this does not make the GC I will be getting the Big Bottle.
Like you said, it has some weight to it yet it still works on this hot, humid day. Just Beautiful.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

This is pretty much pure joy in a bottle. Grown-up Creamsicle pretty much covers it. Gorgeous rich blood orange over a creamy but not overly sweet base, with a subtle something I have no hope of placing keeping it interesting in the background. This is a foody I can do. It's just so utterly delightful, and how it failed to make the permanents will remain one of life's greatest mysteries.

And as I first proposed, this will layer outstandingly with Nigel.