Gelato: Profound Lavender Chocolate

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gelato: Profound Lavender Chocolate

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Lavender and chocolate are fully explored in one gelato store which I will remember forever. What a full and amazing flavor combination, like nothing you ever tried before. Since this was Sicily, nothing was spared. A fabulous experience. Not sweet just glorious.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Gelato: Profound Lavender Chocolate

Post by mina »

I just smelled it in the bottle but this one is a killer :hrt::
Not sweet at all.
EDIT : strong, aromatic,dark, really not sweet. I don't know why but it reminds me of la mère de la bête noire.
Fabulous.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Oh, damn. I have a decant of this one but I have not given it a proper test.
POTD tomorrow?! Guess it is technically tomorrow already.
I'm just loving the gelati and can't believe I've kind of overlooked my decant of this.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I had this one in my cart, but my recent testing of Chocolate Incense had me pull it out again. I just can't do possets chocolate, which KILLS me because this one sounds absurdly good, especially with the words "dry" and "not sweet" associated with it.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

wet: very astringent lavender - almost smells like a can of fresh wall paint. Strange.

drying: okay, now I can get the components. Lavender, a rather herbal lavender, plus darkest dark chocolate. Under that is something that must be the gelato base - cool, creamy but not milky. This does seem cool and dry, quite heavy and rich.

full drydown: This is far more beautiful in the throw than sniffed up close to my skin. Up close it's a touch chemically or plastic-y, as some Possets vanillas are wont to do on my skin. In the throw, this is all dry dark chocolate that seems to have almost a tobacco or oude aspect to it, more than chocolate by itself. It almost feels like there is a black musk to this scent, in that it is rich and non-foody, dark and really quite sexy. The lavender has calmed down some and melded with the chocolate. This is unisex, especially because it is really not sweet or foody. The closest Posset I can compare this to is Guffaw because of the dark dry tobacco-y chocolate, plus added lavender. It is definitely not the milk chocolate in Glee or Chocolate Incense.

The gelato base is not detectible to me on its own. This scent is dry, rich, sexy, non-sweet, dark, and complex. Far more complex than the two note blend that I expected. It think this will age very well. Recommended for fans of the dark, deep Cambiennes as this is a similar scent to that family.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

I got this because I love Id, except I sometimes wish it had a bit more oomph. Unfortunately, something in Profound Lavender goes bad on my skin. It developed an animalic funk, like stinky guy sweat, and it had enough throw that I could pick it up even just swinging my arms while walking.