Gelato: Riso des Anges

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gelato: Riso des Anges

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
For sugar and carb nuts, this famous Italian flavor celebrates rice and sugar in ways too sinful to recount. Just the utter bliss of cream and that indescribable feel of carby goodness.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Gelato: Riso des Anges

Post by Gale »

This is indeed creamy, cool gelato with a rice milk note!

It doesn't change much from wet to dry, and settles into a wonderfully gentle, comforting scent.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Gale wrote:This is indeed creamy, cool gelato with a rice milk note!

It doesn't change much from wet to dry, and settles into a wonderfully gentle, comforting scent.
I really like perfumes with pudding or rice milk notes. I was hesitating on this become although I love the perfumes with those notes, sometimes the notes go a bit sour (or a bit like baby puke). This sounds like this stays pretty steady/true. What kind of waft does this one have?
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Gale »

This one stays pretty close, but it lasts for hours. Although now (after 8 hours) it's mostly the gelato note, with a whiff of rice milk.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Gale wrote:This one stays pretty close, but it lasts for hours. Although now (after 8 hours) it's mostly the gelato note, with a whiff of rice milk.
*Sigh

And now the lemming has begun. LOL Thanks for your help. :grin:
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

I'm too tired to give too much of a review, but I wore this today and here are my thoughts:

1) This has something in it that felt like it was burning my skin. I'm wondering if this has cinnamon in it (it smelled like it, but I know there are some things that can smell like one thing and be something else). My skin still feels tender where I put it on (I was not where I could wipe it off--I ran out of the house after putting it on which was a big mistake), and this will definitely have to be a home fragrance or scent locket thing for me.

2) This reminds me of Bird's Nest in the Cowl (which reminded me of many of the gingerbread scents but on a stronger vein), except this is a bit more "tart" and less creamy, with that cinnamon-y note making this less soft.

3) This also reminded me of Serpens in that almost old vitamin way without being quite so astringent and harsh (and, no, I still haven't tried Serpens yet I really need to get into my bottle).

All in all, I like it and it solidly sits in the gingerbread corner for me, but further back from the main ones I adore like Gingerbread Whorehouse/Crackhouse.
Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena »

In the bottle: Sweet melty ice cream.

Wet: Holy balls! Melty ice cream with a blast of cinnamon!

Drying: The cinnamon takes over and from time to time I catch a whiff of something that is beer-like. Eventually this calms down and it wafts vanillic cream. Up close it smells like scented candle vanilla: dry with a bite. There is a vague hint of rice milk for a couple of hours.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I absolutely hate the smell of beer and am not a fan of scented candle vanilla. I'll give it one more try - if it doesn't change this is off to swaps/sale.