Gelato: Stracciatella

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gelato: Stracciatella

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
This is what chocolate chip ice cream would be like if it were perfect. A wonderful creamy vanilla gelato is drizzled with a dark bitter dark chocolate and left for just a few seconds. During that time the chocolate hardens. When the churn starts again, the chocolate shatters and is diffused into the mixture. It gives it a fabulous chocolate crunch and bitter backlash which is unmatched in any other form of "chocolate chip" ice cream. Stracciatella is a very special treat, done best in Sicily.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Gelato: Stracciatella

Post by Gale »

In the bottle: This is a gorgeous, bitter chocolate scent! I have never smelled a chocolate like this. This is not brownies, cake, or candy.

After a few mintues, the bitter chocolate merges with a cool creaminess that isn't overly sweet.

Initially, this didn't seem like a strong fragrance at all, so I applied it...liberally. When I got within about 4 feet of my husband, he immediately said, "Ah, I see you slathered." So, it has more throw than you'd think!

After two hours, I smell delicious! I can still easily pick out the bitter chocolate and the milky creaminess--Milky, but not buttery, mind you.

This is so unique! Delicious and refreshing. Fabienne, you nailed it!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Thanks, it took hours of patient study (eating gelato) in order to fully understand the fragrance ramifications. :rofl:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

fabienne wrote:Thanks, it took hours of patient study (eating gelato) in order to fully understand the fragrance ramifications. :rofl:

We appreciate your dedication. :grin:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Gale
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Gale »

I have to add that a couple hours after I posted the review, I was walking down a hallway at work, and passed a woman who stopped and exclaimed, "You smell wonderful!"

I love when that happens.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Wow. What Gale said. I just dabbed a little from my decant and it has HUGE throw. Not that I'm complaining or anything about huge throw. And, fortunately, considering that throw, IT IS SO GOOD. I don't think I've come across a better dark chocolate.
May i reiterate? The throw is wow! I was going to try one more tonight but maybe not. Almost a bit of a coffee vibe to this one. I've been enjoying testing this collection!
Buy it.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

This really is a fantastic gourmand (straight up gourmand, no ifs ands or buts about it) fragrance. It's an immediate lift. I do get a maple/caramel vibe along with a very sweet and drenched vanilla with what comes across as a small bit of waffle cone. Deep down at the bottom I get a very rich, dry, and dark chocolate that begins to rise more as it dries.

This would be an amazing lotion that you would have to be careful to not lick off your skin.

Mmmmm.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!