Jardin di Principio

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Jardin di Principio

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Smelling exactly like a beautiful garden we visited in the East of Sicily, the after lunch stroll was lead by a charming well bred man who explained the parts of the garden which his family prepared and planted long ago. It was like the present day post script of The Leopard. Olive blossoms, cupped old roses, waxy white magnolia, and a hint of clove streaming out of the kitchen or was that a flower which was a clovelike blossom. Mixed with the scent of earth and the scent of water on limestone with moss. Cooling and refreshing floral!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Jardin di Principio

Post by marisaviola »

This was bought last summer by me, and I liked it overall, but did not use it much. When I recently re-opened it, I was surprised and pleased by how it has beautifully developed. It is a much more cohesive blend now, and when I put it on the other day, I really loved it. I meant to review it last summer, but I think the current review will be more true to its nature. Jardin di Principio is one I now recommend for those who love full florals with more complex elements. This one I found has many layers. In the bottle, when I first re-opened it (for the first time in some months) I smelled a mixture of green, earthy and floral notes, with even a violet-like note in it. However, violets are not listed as one of the florals. The green lends it freshness, and there is definitely an earthy note in it similar to the note found in "14 Carnations." Then when I put it on, I was not so aware of the violet note anymore. Instead, I got a very well blended floral with beautiful green and earth and fresh elements. As it developed on me, after two or so hours of wear, I began to really smell the clove note mentioned in the description, but it's not the clove baking spice that I smell, but more a soft carnation spice note, like there are pinks lining up the garden bed in this Sicily garden. I tried to determine if I could smell the magnolia or the olive flowers and I was not sure if this was meant to be olive fruit tree flowers or tea olive (osmanthus) type blooms. This is so well-blended that it's heard for me to determine which flower types that I am smelling, but in the background I did at times catch a whiff of what seemed to be magnolias and some white flowers, but they were skillfully blended in and did not predominate--they never said "white flower floral" to me. I at times would also catch a whiff of a very green and natural rose scent mixed in, however rose was not at all predominant on my skin.

I had applied this with a Q-tip to my wrists, and usually when I do that, I leave the Q-tip to scent a room that day. This time I had it in my living room, and I noticed late in the day, when I got back, that I was smelling wafts of a lovely garden and fresh, green-stemmed rose type fragrance as I would cross the room. I couldn't figure out where it came from, as what it smelled like was a vase with a few fresh roses in it. Then I figured out it came from the dried Q-tip! When I smell it directly now, several days later, there lingers a very soft spicy fresh rose and earthy fragrance. No potpourri in this and nothing dried, no single notes of florals, everything is fresh and smelling of earth and stems and petals both on my skin and in the air.