Scylla

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Scylla

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
The story of Scylla is another beautiful nymph run afoul of a jealous goddess. There is a statue of Scylla in Calabria which shows her at the instant she is turned into a sea monster. Very frightening and very well done. I always think of Scylla a such a tragic figure and I put in several different sorts of figs in this fragrance in order to capture the right balance of sweet, dark, and elixir. There is a small amount of lychee here to save it from being too heavy. Very beautiful and still quite dark. For fig lovers. She is the companion piece to Charybdis.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Scylla

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I'm a sucker for a companion scent, and love the myth these scents take their inspiration from, so I blind-bought Scylla despite my low tolerance for sweet fruity scents. And Scylla is sweet, no escaping that. It's fig fig fig and a tenacious lychee note, and I spent much of the dry down changing my mind about this blend as it seemed to flip between lychee, syrupy fig and my favourite aspect: the dry, earthy fig . I could, in all honesty, do without the lychee, but the sweeter fig is rather pretty and it's the earthier, drier fig that keeps me sniffing. It's ultimately not something I'll reach for often, being a fruity blend, but I certainly don't dislike it, and the sweetness does settle down at the final dry stage. I was expecting a much darker blend, but this is bright and cheerful to me. Shady picnics and garden lunches.

Definitely a summery scent, and I think lovers of sweet, fruity perfumes would really enjoy this one. I'm looking forward to seeing if some aging will bring out the darker fig notes. Light to moderate sillage on me.