Stiletto

Sicily is awash in fragrances, some of the most famous are: lemon, blood orange, jasmine and bergamot, rosemary, myrtle, sage, basil, figs and cucumbers, coffee and pink pepper and sly violet. Possets plays with all those and brings in a few happy notes of our own to seduce your senses.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Stiletto

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
Sharp and elegant. Sicilian lemon mingles with oakmoss which vamps to galbanum, which flirts with yuzu. Strangely refreshing for such a passionate blend. Maybe it's because it has such a cold cold heart. Hard to get out of your mind, it is compelling.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Stiletto

Post by Petticoats »

Stiletto reminds me greatly of Virtues, a wonderful light chypre Posset that I was fortunate enough to get during the last retour. I love what Fabienne does with oakmoss, and the combination of it with lemon is brilliant.

If you like Posset chypres like Death and Sorrow but want something a little lighter and brighter for warm weather, I definitely recommend Stiletto.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Yum. Stiletto is exactly what I've been searching for in this collection: a sharp, dry, lemon with a green boost. God I love galbanum, is there anything it can't do? Be quiet, no there isn't. A beautiful, true lemon wrapped in a dry green embrace, on a bed of very subdued oakmoss. Not getting a whole lot of yuzu, I think it's just supporting the lemon in sweetness-that-isn't-sugary. The dry quality is just a suggestion to me, this stays juicy and bright and sweet. Exactly what I wanted - a perfect summer lemon fragrance that ticks all my boxes.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

funkmoppet2 wrote:The dry quality is just a suggestion to me, this stays juicy and bright and sweet. Exactly what I wanted - a perfect summer lemon fragrance that ticks all my boxes.
Whoa! Okay. Ummmm crap. I had written this off as not necessary and now...yeah...I may have to get this.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

It's just getting better and better the longer it dries, Maya. My rubbish-at-picking-out-stuff nose can't pin it down, but the base is doing subtle and excellent things. It's keeping it interesting and I keep going back for huffs!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

This. Awesome. Lemony but not Lemon Pledge. Filled with bright summery win. I might wear it today, as it's dark and gloomy :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: