Orpheus in the Underworld (Offenbach)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Orpheus in the Underworld (Offenbach)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:27 pm

A brisk note of mint for the coolness of the underworld of the Greeks, a river of sandalwood, a bit of lime to soothe the ghosts in us all. This is a fine fragrance to lure your dead lover to the surface against all odds.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Orpheus in the Underworld (Offenbach)

Post by woodenmango » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:26 am

Another winner from my first Possets purchase!

In the vial it is mint. All the mint with something else lurking in the background.
On me it is a whole other story, the mint gives way to a lovely sandlwood, rich and woody. I can't stop sniffing my wrist! To me this reads as more masculine but I typically like more masculine scents anyway so that works for me! I've only tried it a couple of times but so far I am not picking out any lime. I love lime so that makes me a little bit sad but overall I am very happy with this.

:batflap:

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:36 pm

Oh this was another I was waiting for reviews on. It sounded so offbeat, and fresh, and sexy. GAH, my list is getting longer not shorter. :spinskull:

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:36 pm

double post, UGH! Sorry! :spinskull:
Last edited by Atropos on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Cold Sniff review

OHHHHH This is heaven!! It reminds me a bit of Arabesque with mint added. I will have to compare the two when I get home.

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:00 pm

Wow I am really glad I grabbed a bottle of this. It is exactly mint and sandalwood, with a bit of lime. Almost smokey? Very interesting... :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Margowhat
primordial
primordial

Post by Margowhat » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:37 pm

Holy gorgeousness, Batfriends! Orpheus in the Underworld is my favorite of all the Halloween’s I purchased. It is amazing. In the Fougere family. Not overly masculine so I can easily wear this. I honestly picked it up because it reminds me of lyrics to a Peter Murphy song. It smells exactly how I would want him to smell if I met him. Dark, suave, expensive without being ostentatious. Fresh and uncluttered. Halleloo!
:eyeroll: