Danse Macabre (Saint-Saens)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Danse Macabre (Saint-Saens)

Post by Boudicca »

Saint-Säens wrote a piece which illustrates a Dance of the Dead, where the dead rise from graves, are reassembled, and writhe madly about celebrating their day of liberation. The dancing grows more and more frantic but the cock crows, and the revelers must return to their previous dead state, amid the sad violins.

An elegant and simple harmony turned glorious, strong black tea and leather, a hint of black musk and a top note of lemon zest. The sorts of ingredients used here are a very unusual, premium and very strong. This is the kind of fragrance you would wear to a very special occasion when you want to the be person in the spotlight, and admired by all.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Danse Macabre (Saint-Saens)

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Danse is uncomplicated and fairly straightforward on me, with very little morphing. Equal measures of lemon-tinged tea and leather, with an eventual very light hint of musk after the dry down. Mostly, this stays pretty solidly as leather and tea, which is a combo I'm loving. Again, a beautiful warm leather that plays so nicely with the tea. The lemon is super light. Totally loving this one.
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

I totally agree.
It's a very lovely fragrance, not complicated but not bland. Very elegant.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

This one is on my radar due to leather and tea, though the lemon is making me go...hrm. I do like Fabienne's lemon like the Lemoncello ( I think I totally misspelled that) :pumpha: . But for my leather love I'm going with Toccata.