Oiche Shamhna (Unknown)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Oiche Shamhna (Unknown)

Post by Boudicca »

I have been lucky enough to spend Halloween in Ireland, and they know how to celebrate! Windows full of real carved pumpkins, special cakes which have rings/baby statues/coins baked into them. The air is crisp and the sky is suitably overcast. Purest golden amber, sweet oatmeal, lightly cooked cakes, the enticing scent of butter, and a waft of the sweet part of beer. It's a glorious fragrance which is a pure cross between foody and beauty. The name means "welcome Halloween", and is a folk song that children sing around this time of year.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Oiche Shamhna (Unknown)

Post by Atropos »

Any reviews on this one, it's calling to me, despite the amber and my hit or miss with same.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

It's beautiful--smooth and subtly sexy. I've only tried it once, tonight, but I'm looking forward to more trials. :)
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Petticoats wrote:It's beautiful--smooth and subtly sexy. I've only tried it once, tonight, but I'm looking forward to more trials. :)
I really think this is the one to get then. I think I'm ready to make my order. Thanks Petticoats! :hug:
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Atropos wrote:
Petticoats wrote:It's beautiful--smooth and subtly sexy. I've only tried it once, tonight, but I'm looking forward to more trials. :)
I really think this is the one to get then. I think I'm ready to make my order. Thanks Petticoats! :hug:
My pleasure! This was a wonderful surprise. I figured I'd like it, but didn't expect it to be so seductive.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Petticoats wrote:
Atropos wrote:
My pleasure! This was a wonderful surprise. I figured I'd like it, but didn't expect it to be so seductive.
Okay, because of you, petticoats, and my instincts, I went ahead and bought this one. I'll review it when I can. I'm very excited by my purchases. And sad too. If' I hadn't had so many things happen in September and October, I could have bought more of this Halloween's line, which have so many wonderful creations.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

This is remaining a love for me. It's reminding me of BPAL's O, probably in the nature of the amber, which is so smooth and skinlike--very different from the amber of Dominions, for example. A quiet beauty, and would be equally beautiful and seductive in warm weather.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

Petticoats wrote:This is remaining a love for me. It's reminding me of BPAL's O, probably in the nature of the amber, which is so smooth and skinlike--very different from the amber of Dominions, for example.
Uh-oh, now I'm wary of this one as I really detest Bpal's O. You mention "skinlike" - is this giving off that skin musk vibe? :gnome:
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

funkmoppet2 wrote:
Petticoats wrote:This is remaining a love for me. It's reminding me of BPAL's O, probably in the nature of the amber, which is so smooth and skinlike--very different from the amber of Dominions, for example.
Uh-oh, now I'm wary of this one as I really detest Bpal's O. You mention "skinlike" - is this giving off that skin musk vibe? :gnome:

I really hope my instincts served me well. I don't think I've ever smelled BPAL's "O'.
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

funkmoppet2 wrote:
I'm not really sure how to answer that. I mean partly that it stays close to my skin, not a lot of throw, but also that it just has a kind of gentle warmth that doesn't announce itself as Perfume. It has that lovely illusion of being like my skin only better.