Partus (sToa)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Partus (sToa)

Post by Boudicca »

Partus was a composition by a group known as sToa,a modern romantic classical music group from Germany. It's a haunting melody, a waltz which you could imagine dancing with The Devil in his most comely form. A grey almost smoky musk, a small hint of tea, and a bit of hawthorn bark, an almost rosy side musk, and an accord which smells like silk. This is a smooth and seductive perfume, very snugly and it has a hint of child to it yet it is totally adult.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
sertso
mortal
mortal

Re: Partus (sToa)

Post by sertso »

Beautiful! Every time I think Fabienne has created something that can't be excelled, she does something like Partus. I can't separate out any particular scent in this, though it has the beauty that has accompanied nearly every grey musk blend I've tried.

When I tried it first, just out of the mail box, it seemed to fade quickly. After several days, though, it has nice staying power and seems to get better each day.

Don't miss this one! It's an absolute keeper!
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I almost love this one but I think it's the 'rosey musk' that's giving me pause. This one takes way too long to settle on my skin, so I'm guessing there's something in here that's clashing with my skin chemistry a bit. I can't quite seem to penetrate a plastic-y overtone to get to what this scent's got to offer. It's sweeter than I was expecting, and gives off a more classic-Posset vibe than others in this collection, but that rose note keeps threatening to take this into potpourri territory. Sadly, this one's not really for me.

ETA: It does finally settle down! But boy it takes forever to get there. Maybe a bit of aging will sort this one out for me.
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

I generally just edit my original review with updates, but this one has aged so nicely it deserves a new thread bump. Yes, a little aging has totally fixed my inital misgivings about Partus. It's soft smokey musk right off the bat with no plastic to found and no threat of potpourri. It's incredibly pretty and comforting, a great before-bed blend. I find it endlessly amazing how a little settling time can really make a difference.