Snake Dance (Unknown)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Snake Dance (Unknown)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:31 pm

Joining hands and dancing in an undulating motion, laughing and having a grand time. This one calls for great amounts of apple and coconut milk, a crust of the softest butter crumble combined with a Butterfinger sort of scent,. This will definitely give you the energy you need to go on...with a smile on your face. Gourmandy
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Re: Snake Dance (Unknown)

Post by jackieo » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:15 pm

I received my decants today. This reminds me so much of Pippin or Pippin Pie. All I get so far is the apple notes.

MageLocusta
primordial
primordial

Re: Snake Dance (Unknown)

Post by MageLocusta » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:54 am

Since the summer season is changing into autumn in the UK, I just bought a decant of Snake Dance from last year's Retour (especially since I LOVE Pippin Pie, and its deliciously nutty appleness), just out of curiousity (that and I want to find out whether I'd prefer Snake Dance over Pippin Pie before committing myself to a full bottle).

When I first opened my decant--yup, Jackieo was right--I got a whiff of nothing but Pippin Pie. But when I tried it on and waited for five minutes, I smelled the coconut milk just ooze its way over the golden apple-pie filling. This is a high-fat, VERY creamy coconut milk that softens the gooey sweetness of the apple and makes it feel 'fancier'.

I feel that it's *kinda* different from Pippin Pie once it's on my skin. I've got a two-year old sample of Pippin Pie, and I definitely get crunchy caramel, pie crust, and chopped walnuts out of it. In Snake Dance, there's NONE of that detail on my skin. It's just golden apple filling (cooked exactly like said apple filling in Pippin Pie), a soft hint of spices, coconut milk and buttery cake crumbs.

Fifteen minutes after application: I smell like I've had expensive coconut lotion on my arm with a soft hint of apple and buttery cake crumbs on top. It's VERY demure and well-blended despite of its simpleness (though I think the coconut milk may be an issue to some people's skin chemistry) and I'll say that it's basically an apple pie milkshake (with the soft cake crumbs sitting on top of the rest of the notes).

This doesn't feel snakey (or seductive enough to make me do the Medusa Walk), but it definitely makes me imagine cute waitresses like Shelly Johnson from Twin Peaks. I definitely like it, and I think it might be worth a try for people who LOVE gooey apple-pie scents but feel that Pippin Pie as much too sweet or too gourmand. So, I'll definitely be keeping my decant (and maybe wear it for Halloween as a Twin Peaks character (cough)).