The Mouldau (Smetana)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

The Mouldau (Smetana)

Post by Boudicca »

The bouncy central passage of The Mouldau is one of my favorite pieces of music. It always reminds me of a rollicking ride through the countryside in autumn with the trees' mad colors reflected in the gentle waters of the river. I see this a great deal in Cincinnati, with the Ohio flowing through it, especially beautiful in the fall.

Dark syrupy things, things which get caught in your teeth and make your mouth warm. Dark brown sweets with a hint of deeply toasted and fussed over sugar. Fig and molasses, treacle brittle, raisin liquor, and a bit of dark rum.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: The Mouldau (Smetana)

Post by mina »

Rich and sweet in a haze of liquor.
I can't smell the fig.
I hesitated a lot before buying this one but I wanted something different from my usual choices.
I should not like mouldau, it's to sweet, not "dark" enough but strangely I can't stop testing it.
Fabienne 's magic .... :froggie: