Vide Cor Meum (Patrick Cassidy)

We are crossing the sense of smell and hearing and I think you will be delighted with the perfumes which celebrate two senses which are seldom combined. Your spine tingling favorites put to perfume: The Funeral March of a Marionette, Toccata and Fugue, Night on Bare Mountain, all the classics and a few moderns

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Vide Cor Meum (Patrick Cassidy)

Post by Boudicca »

The haunting operatic fragment from Hannibal (the movie) is one of the most beautiful short piece of music I have ever heard. It was written by Patrick Cassidy Of course, it is suitably creepy in the setting of it all and that adds to the thrill. This is something of an experimental fragrance, with a faintly green accord, a very classy sandalwood, osmanthus, and a small amount of ginger. It's edgy and sophisticated, a bit daring, sharp on the top notes but cozies down to a very calming blend when it settles down on the skin.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Thaleia
mortal
mortal

Re: Vide Cor Meum (Patrick Cassidy)

Post by Thaleia »

I actually reviewed this while the board was being overhauled, so my review has (not entirely unexpectedly) gone missing. I picked up this fragrance because it sounded intriguing, and the "experimental" description piqued my interest. Good thing, too: it ended up being my favorite of this collection.

It's a very fresh, very green scent, good throw and long-lasting. It's mostly green, but grounded by sandalwood and the Flossing ginger that I love. It actually kind of reminds me of my elementary school, where there was a pond near the playground that was lined with daffodils in the spring, whose scent blended so well with that of freshly cut grass in the fields. I know there's no daffodil in this, but that's the image I get. I've worn it a fair amount since I got it (and got backups that will hopefully last me to Retour) and I've found I can dress it up or down, which is really nice. It's my current go-to 'fresh' scent.
Quod scimus loquimur, quod vidimus testamur