Roses Are Red, Derry Derry....

Zesty aquatics, deep thumping musks, seductive oriental resins, and the foodies you love. There is even a new category I call "dry" which is more of a classic perfumy sort of perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Roses Are Red, Derry Derry....

Post by Boudicca »

Possets description:
...violets are blue, and they are made for each other! Why don't they bloom at the same time? The idea that they don't almost makes me cry. It did make me create Roses are Red though, so now you can enjoy this scintillating combination when you please. Flowery and simply fabulous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
ladyday
a spark
a spark

Re: Roses Are Red, Derry Derry....

Post by ladyday »

This is just a lovely, gorgeous rose blend with an almost creamy note to it but retaining the sharpness (perhaps that's the wrong word, as I mean it in a positive way!) of the real flower. I've always been a rose lover, so I think this is my favourite of the bunch so far!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Roses Are Red, Derry Derry....

Post by katiushka »

I bought this during last year's Retour, but have just learned to appreciate it. I've been using this one quite a lot recently, and it's quickly turning into one of my favorite Possets rose scents. I adore Possets rose in general - and this one has the same fresh rose base discernable in 1000 Roses, Napoleon & Josephine, Portrait of a Lady and a few others I'm not thinking of at the moment. The violets add an interesting layer - at the beginning, they make the rose smell more "green" and young, if that makes sense. In the drydown, the violets turn powdery, giving the effect of rose with baby or drawing room powder. The final result is a scent that is both simple (only two notes to discern) and yet complex in its development and the images it evokes. (For me, something remniscent of the characters' development in Edith Wharton's Age of Innocence and Jane Austen's Emma.)

All of this is delivered with trademark Possets class and reserve of expression. That being said, this is quite potent (as most Possets rose scents are) - I wouldn't apply more than a swab on each wrist.

As an added bonus, I'm pretty sure the rose scent is here is high-quality grade essential oil, as it actually helps with my migraines and nausea.