Review Requests and Random Stuff: Valentines

Zesty aquatics, deep thumping musks, seductive oriental resins, and the foodies you love. There is even a new category I call "dry" which is more of a classic perfumy sort of perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Review Requests and Random Stuff: Valentines

Post by Boudicca » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Greetings, fellow Possetiers!

I thought we might try something a little different with this collection. You've all experienced it, you may have done it... a review thread has a new message and you're all excited because it's one you were thinking about getting though you wanted to read more about it first... but it's not a review. It's something like, "Wow, I might have to get this!" or more likely something like "More reviews of this one please?" Not helpful. And I myself am TOTALLY guilty of this and generally taking review threads on a tangent. I want to be better than that :tong: Soooo I was thinking we could maybe try to keep those kind of comments to THIS thread and actual reviews in the reviews. Chatter is great, but there's chatter and there's reviews.

Thoughts?
:madamex: :champ:
(the Lady looked like she would appreciate some Champagne)
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff: Valentines

Post by woodenmango » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:28 pm

I am okay with this. And while I am here, woooooo SILVER LEATHER!!!

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:40 am

I think this is a great idea. It gets frustrating reading reviews with all kinds of comments and quotes. I'm sure I am guilty of doing it a couple of times. This thread should makes things more streamline because you won't need to leave this forum to go to the News or General Discussions to ask a question regarding a scent from this collection. Thank-you Boudicca.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 am

woodenmango wrote:I am okay with this. And while I am here, woooooo SILVER LEATHER!!!
Woooooo SILVER LEATHER indeed!! This is me officially asking/begging/praying for a review! (Yes, I know it's early for that but am trying to lead by example or some such thing.) But yes, requesting review here.
(I know it'll wind up being a blind buy for me, but that is not the point.)
The one Retour that I've been lucky enough to experience, the non-reviews were kind of a pet peeve. (And this might seem like hijacking this thread, but it's an explanation for why I think we need this kind of thread for each collection.) Seriously, you're trying to figure out your (ridiculously huge) list and trying to narrow it down so obviously you look to the reviews. You see that some which you are considering have many reviews. You check out the reviews. Not actually reviews.... Wah, wah, wah....
I know, #firstworldproblems but #easysolutions
(am I really doing this hashtag shit?)
sillageslut wrote:I think this is a great idea. It gets frustrating reading reviews with all kinds of comments and quotes. I'm sure I am guilty of doing it a couple of times. This thread should makes things more streamline because you won't need to leave this forum to go to the News or General Discussions to ask a question regarding a scent from this collection. Thank-you Boudicca.
You are more than welcome! I'm glad that I'm not the only one who found that frustrating. (Though yes, as I said, totally guilty myself.) Yes. I like the idea of the review threads being more streamlined. Organized, tidy. all that.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:00 am

Oh, that sounds like a great idea for the reviews! Yes, I like that the sections for reviews are just that.

Now, on a totally different thing (I am allowed to do this here, yes?) I was wondering if there is a list anywhere of all the "winners" of the different collections? I see some of the oils are labeled - for example, (Yule 2007) - in the reviews and catalog, but it would be nice to have a running list somewhere. Just an idea. :flow:

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:26 am

We do have a list of all the winners: The Permanent Collection! See, I think of everything!*

*the Colors and State of America were not voted upon and there are a few (very few) perfumes from when I started but the rest are winners. The Permanent Collection was 99% shaped by YOUR tastes! :heartrise:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:37 am

Thank you for thinking up this thread, Boudicca! I know I've been guilty of the non-review post too, and having a separate thread for conversations is a great idea. :flow:
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:50 pm

Ah, I see, Fabienne. That is a delightful feature! Some of the
permanents have a date and the name of the collection after them, so I thought those were the only ones voted on.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:28 am

Great idea for a thread. I too am guilty of engaging in semi-off-topic chatter in review threads, and agree that unhelpful not-reviews don't belong in those areas.

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 am

Me too. :rofl:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!