Van Gogh Desecrated For Charity (foody)

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Van Gogh Desecrated For Charity (foody)

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "Oh, the horror of earnest ladies handling valuable artwork without knowing what they are doing! The destruction which has been wreaked is enormous! But they did smell good during the event! So good that anyone could forgive their sins against the arts. Honey, and plenty of it, on top of vanilla (in the gooiest of all manifestations, the Mexican persuasion) and a spot of an amazing amazing sugar musk which is an exceptionally powerful elixir! Oh, the beauty of it all, this stuff is so pretty that you could forgive a multitude of sins committed by anyone wearing it. Foody, sugary."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
celandine
primordial
primordial

Re: Van Gogh Desecrated For Charity (foody)

Post by celandine »

This is such a fun scent! On me it's very light, just a hint of sweetness in the air, but on close sniff it's a delightful combination of honey and vanilla with a hint of strawberries. As it dries, it deepens and that sweet musk comes out to play, making it feel like a much more mature scent. (I love how complex this collection is so far!) This will definitely be a lovely work choice - one of my coworkers has already told me I smell delightful today. :)
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

This is quite lovely. It's not as foody or as literal a take on honey as I'd anticipated; it's more subtle than that. To me there is almost a delicate floral quality at first, but then as it settles and warms more of the honey quality emerges. But there's still something else going on that I can't define. I can see how Celandine gets a hint of strawberry, although for me it's not quite that specific. Definitely more lush than it starts out. It's staying very close to my skin, and I'm hoping it develops more throw as my bottle continues to settle after travel. I'm reminded a little of Cygnus, although without the initial almost plasticky note. A lovely fragrance for spring.

ETA: After I put some in the crook of my elbow, the throw increased significantly. I'm really enjoying this.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.
Thaleia
mortal
mortal

Post by Thaleia »

This is a pretty, sweet, honey/vanilla/musk scent; it's more of a "subtle" foody - one that you can wear out, or to work even, if you want to wear something foody but not all-out gourmand. It shares that delightful sugar musk note with Bridal Chorus, one of my all-time favorites, but is sweeter and has a bit more throw while BC is more musky/floral and wears closer to the skin. I can see how Petticoats was reminded of Cygnus - I think it's that lovely sugar/musk combination! - but I am also reminded a bit of Arcturus (both of which I like as well).

This is the scent of well-dressed ladies behaving badly (and having fun doing so). And I'm perfectly fine with that!
Quod scimus loquimur, quod vidimus testamur
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

This is beautiful. In the bottle I am reminded of Love's Baby Soft...very light, soft, with an ethereal almost floral quality. I don't get very much honey from this, to me it is just a kiss of honey, a very floral one, perhaps an orange blossom honey? The vanilla and sugar musk combo do indeed remind me a bit of Arcturus as well, as Thaleia said previously. It is like Arcturus's younger sister, very feminine, very lovely, not quite as foody, but a wonderful gourmandy floral scent. This is perfect for when you want to want to be discreet in your fragrance, a very subtle clean, sweet skin scent. It is a shame that it did not make permanent (I just said that about Maharani...lol). Need to buy a big bottle before it goes away.
Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena »

This one went horribly wrong on me.

Wet - Sweet honey goodness.

Drying - Sweet honey goodness and then it starts to turn sharp and powdery. After full dry down it's this horrid sharp powder that reminds me of this awful potpourri spray my mother used to use.

My skin needs a good talking to...