Romanee-Conti (foody)

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Romanee-Conti (foody)

Post by Maya » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:39 am

Possets description: "The finest of burgundy, the richest of scents. Very red, very lovely, very smooth. Hints of pomegranate with a background of vanilla and oak, a drift of black pepper, with overtones of black currant. What a lovely thing! Any connoisseur would love it. Exceptionally complex, incredibly sexy. Foody."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Romanee-Conti (foody)

Post by stellamaris » Tue May 05, 2015 9:23 am

This is freaking beautiful. I love wine scents, so I wasn't afraid to order it, but I have to say it's not super strong on the wine front. It's beautifully blended perfume. Wet it has a very rich red musk vibe to me. Gorgeous. Sort of a nice night time scent. :hrt::
Or day...
I have been wearing/testing this a lot, it's really fruity and lovely, it resembles another companies (cough bpal...cough...) red musk, but a bit softer. I think this one is going to age beautifully. Don't be afraid, it's not over the top boozy or foody, a lovely red fragrance. I had another one of those "what is that awesome smell...oh yeah it's the Posset I just put on a half hour ago..." moments with this.
It is pretty on the nose (get it, nose :s: ) what the description says, but I wouldn't classify it directly with super foody things. This one is very neutral in the best way, very wearable. It's lovely but not Who Smells Like Cookies type fragrance, very classy lol. My snobby mom used to say anyone who used the word "classy" just wasn't. That goes with our theme here...
:star: :star: :star: :star:

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Wed May 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Oh, this is gorgeous. I really wasn't sure how I would feel about a wine fragrance, but this is an impressionistic portrait of wine rather than a literal one, so I don't smell like I spilled a glass on myself. This is a dark, glittering beauty that reminds me of Cambiennes like Black Magic, which has become one of my favorites. It's sweet but not overly fruity; it's got gravitas but sparkle too. I can imagine that this will only grow more beautiful as it ages.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Wed May 20, 2015 9:09 pm

This is such a beautiful fragrance! Really smooth and rich. Not boozy at all. Definitely has a musky vibe to it, and the vanilla oak combo gives it a fantastic base.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Mon May 25, 2015 3:46 pm

This is already a very beautiful fragrance, eliciting compliments. As far as wine fragrances go, this is the middle sister between its younger and more carefree sibling Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (if you love that, you will love this as well), and its older, darker sister Bacchante. An initial burst of happy grape juice / icewine is soon made richer with an incense-like black currant and smooth vanilla. Maybe a touch of oak and not much black pepper now.

I can't wait to see how this ages! I do like it now, but it leaves part of me unsatisfied. Kind of like listening to a teenage girl sing a Handel aria. You can appreciate the beauty of the voice and of the music, but you can't help thinking how much fuller and richer it will sound when the voice is fully developed, and wishing that moment would come soon.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:01 pm

I was right. This aged BEAUTIFULLY. So much depth, with the grapes, black currant oak, a touch of pepper. The vanilla isn't prominent - I wouldn't know it's there at all if I weren't told - it's just there to smooth and round things out. This fragrance has turned into Bacchante's fraternal twin sister, where Bacchante is more musky and this is just deep, gorgeous goodness.

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:35 am

Mmm so nice! Fresh red and fruity indeed but with some depth too it. Can't tell if it come across as more musky or woody. Really wonderful though! I thought maybe I was going to regret this purchase because of the vanilla but it is subtle and well behaved. I imagine thsi will get even more beautiful with age.