Persona Non Grata (foody)

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Persona Non Grata (foody)

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "The term is Latin for a person who is not in good graces with others in a closed group. Alas for those who have been cast out of society without a shred of reputation left. However, there can be a raffish salvation to being "out", a swagger and devil-may-care attitude which is admired and envied by those who consider themselves in. And beside, what's out today may be THE thing tomorrow. So, with that sweet sweet thought in mind, I think that Personal Non Grata should be a heavily foody thing with a river of sugar syrup to start things off, a giant crust of thick toasted sugar covering a custardy middle surrounded by the most sugar infested sinful shortbread crust which was ever toasted to perfection. Convinced? You should be. Who says that sinning can't be sweet or that society knows best? Be an iconoclast and revel in this one! Foody and unapologetic."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
ltrittipoe
a spark
a spark

Re: Persona Non Grata (foody)

Post by ltrittipoe »

This is just delicious. Shortbread and custard, although the custard is definitely cinnamony! Sugary, spicy, toasty and creamy.
Malaena
primordial
primordial

Re: Persona Non Grata (foody)

Post by Malaena »

First off: Don't apply this one sparingly. You need enough on to get more than cinnamon out of it!

This one is cinnamon, custard, and cookie. It reminds me of a funnel cake but dusted with a healthy dose of cinnamon. It mainly wafts that funnel cakey goodness with a bit of custard here and there. This is perfect for the start of fall and makes me want to go to the fair.