Mink Stole (foody)

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mink Stole (foody)

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "I just see a super sexy dame chewing a huge wad of gum when I think "mink stole". I wanted to make this the fabulously vulgar counterpoint to all this class mass of the collection. After all, it isn't a real cocktail party without, is it? Yes, the essence of serious sugar (as in "give me some sugar"), add in sticky sweet vanilla bean syrup, a drop of butterscotch. You will be oh so popular but just remember to hold out for the stole and something bigger, too."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
celandine
primordial
primordial

Re: Mink Stole (foody)

Post by celandine »

Quick and dirty review since I know people will be placing orders this weekend!

Mink Stole is like walking into a very fancy bakery: at first you get hit with an overwhelming sweetness but once you adjust a little you start to pick out the individual scents. I get a lot of vanilla, some cream, a bit of caramel and some butterscotch. If you love sweets, you will love this scent! The throw is pretty decent and longevity is similar to other Possets vanillas (heavy for an hour or two, then fades to something softer and lingers for hours and hours.)
Thaleia
mortal
mortal

Re: Mink Stole (foody)

Post by Thaleia »

This right here is the dessert table at a party. A fabulous spread of cakes and petits fours and delectable dainty sweets. And macarons! I love macarons.

Mink Stole is totally unapologetic and unashamed in its deliciousness. I love Fabienne's foody/gourmand scents and this does not disappoint. I'm reminded a lot of Reason (original - I haven't tried the Rev. 1 yet) with the vanilla and butter/toffee piled high, but there is still somewhat of an air of 'refinement' about it (yes, that's right, even if this is meant as the 'vulgar' counterpart to all the 'class' at this party) that Reason doesn't even bother with. There's a bit of a boozy note as well, which makes it interesting and, well, rather festive, actually. This lasts forever too, and has great throw. If this is what "fabulously vulgar" smells like, then I'm all for it. Yum!
Quod scimus loquimur, quod vidimus testamur