Diamond (fruit musk)

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Diamond (fruit musk)

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "Of all the gems coveted by the ladies, the diamond stood out. A bauble of huge price and only seen on the fingers of those who were well and truly kept, whether legally or not. If he loved you, you got the 1 carat plus diamond. Loves you not? CZ for you. Boo hoo. A man made ambergris combined with pink grapefruit and a l small amount of white musk and an elegant intrusion of saffron. Musky and resinous. Downright dangerous."
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
katiushka
archangel
archangel

Re: Diamond (fruit musk)

Post by katiushka »

Yes - just, YES. Fabienne's lovely fresh and tart grapefruit, softened to a spa-like scent. Just how someone would smell in those divine but oh-too-brief moments after just stepping out of the shower. The perfect scent to smell lovely, interesting and soothing. You can wear this to bed, to work, on a date - you name it. Finally - a keeper!
Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics »

I love this one. it's so simple, I can see it getting overlooked. which is a shame, because there's a kind of brilliance in pairing sweet, bright grapefruit with a warm, soft musk. the former is refreshing and the latter a little bit down and dirty. the result is something playful and strangely almost sexy. I can't wait to try this in warmer weather. a great scent for concerts in the park, sunset at the beach, dining al fresco, beer on the patio, errands in the heat, a movie date, etc etc.

currently throw and wear length are on the light side. they've increased in the few weeks that I've had the bottle, so I hope and expect that they'll continue to increase as summer draws near.
fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver »

How apparent is the saffron?
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

I am glad I got this! Very bright and fresh grapefruit with some underlying musk. I have only tried it once so far and seem to remember low sillage and a medium longevity but it is very nice. I might use it as a room scent. As for the saffron, I am not unteriley sure what it is suppose to smell like to be honest, but there is a veeery subtle pepperi-ness that might be saffron?
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

This starts out with the truest grapefruit note- like you just sliced a big sweet grapefruit on your kitchen counter. The grapefruit softens into what I thought was something coniferous, fresh, beautiful, but perhaps that was the ambergris with which I am not familiar. The final morph is a very pleasant, very light,,,musk? I do not pick up the saffron. I do absolutely love this and it is not like anything I own. Hope this retours!