Arbitrage (foody)

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Arbitrage (foody)

Post by Maya »

Possets description: "Arbitrage means that you bought something for a very small price and so you got a fabulous deal. Good for you! Like going to a yard sale and picking up a real pearl encrusted tiara for 35 cents. Apricot, and smoky Tahitian Vanilla (aged to perfection). A very small amount of black tea, and an edge of mahogany essence. Pretty exotic and very ritzy. This is a foody and woody scent which is just right for practicing your best seductions!"
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Arbitrage (foody)

Post by stellamaris »

This is delicious! I didn't remember it was apricot, and thought I smelled cherry...not the most refined nose is on my coupon, clearly.
Fruity, sort of musky, nice and sophisticated. good stuff.
It's got that "high" fruit thing, I don't know quite how to describe it, it's like when I read a review and it says "cherry cough syrup" I put the thing right in the cart. I love that fruit/alcohol-y thing.
:star: :star: :star:
mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina »

In the bottle : apricot, vanilla. Not as simple as you may think. Woody.
celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine »

Someone was asking for a comparison with My Lover's Lips: where My Lover's Lips was a tart, juicy scent, Arbitage is creamy, very soft and vanilla. It reminds me of the taste of an Orange Julius, except with apricot instead of orange. Definitely agree that it's a complex scent - stays very close and it feels very natural, if that makes any sense. Like, some scents I'll put on and then get hit with it a while later and think "oh yeah I put that on an hour ago." This one is so subtle it just became a part of me and I forgot about having it on at all. It's very lovely.
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

This was not what I expected. I was thinking that it would be a fruitier scent, but this is a suede-soft woody vanilla with some musky fuzziness and just a hint of apricot that rounds out the scent and makes me think of a warm orange color. This smells liek an apricot feels more than how an apricot tastes. This is primarily musky, surprisingly unisex. It's not very sweet despite the vanilla and apricot, and practically dry, though soft. This is more of a fall scent to me - very cozy and comforting. It's nice, but doesn't have a ton of throw though it stuck around a long time on my skin. This was very nice and snuggly to wear to bed last night.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats »

Arbitrage is one of those (many) Possets that are more than the sum of their parts. It's not what I think of when I imagine a fruity or foody fragrance; it's much more sophisticated and nuanced than that. The suede quality really stands out to me, and while it does have sweetness, it's not a big dose of sugar (or citrus, for that matter, though I think of apricots as being tart). The throw keeps surprising me because it's so elegant and perfumy.

Unusual, classy in an understated way, a stealth beauty. This is definitely one that fans of Arrival of the Queen of Sheba should seriously consider trying.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.