Review Requests and Random Stuff

What Georgetown aspired to be and the perfumes which are the scent left still in the air--from the chypres which defined that era, to the modern musks which somehow manage to paint a vivid portrait of every bit of it.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Maya » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:34 pm

The last collection's thread for random chatter was such a success, we're doing it again. Thanks to Boudicca for starting the (successful) ball rolling!

This topic is where you can post requests for more reviews for a perfume of interest, chat about the collection, and derail the threads if so wanted. :grin:

Enjoy!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Annemathematics » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:40 pm

I request reviews for all the things!

Pleases and thank yous!

Is anyone getting a full set to test and sniff while rereading the story?

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:21 am

Thanks Maya! A co-worker bailed on me for a Jack White concert today leaving me In Charge and I didn't get here all day -- I mean, it's tomorrow already!

Oh my. I do not know where to start with this collection! Lots of interesting looking foodies and some other stuff (must haz the chypre!?)

Loved the story too :hrt::
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Boudicca wrote:Thanks Maya! A co-worker bailed on me for a Jack White concert today leaving me In Charge and I didn't get here all day -- I mean, it's tomorrow already!
You've been doing so much around here, and I actually had a small block of free time to do it so... :hrt::

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:15 pm

I am already scandalously (isn't that one of the party's buzzwords??) going to beg for a comparison between My Lovers Lips and Arbitrage. I'm going to guess I might like the second a tad more with the wood element. Alright. Now I will sit here and be patient. Pass a canape, please. Where's the canape icon??? Asparagus spear???

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Fri May 01, 2015 1:57 pm

Happy May Day!

My tracking shows those magical words, "out for delivery."

I'd love to hear everyone's first impressions of the party scents. What a nice thing to look forward to on this Friday night.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Fri May 01, 2015 6:10 pm

I keep coming here with the hopes that reviews will start trickling in. I admit it, I want to know ALL THE THINGS about this collection. LOL

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Fri May 01, 2015 9:11 pm

One tough thing for me is that I'm drawn to blind buy types of possets that are new to me, scent vocabulary wise, and as they are new to my nose I also find I'm at a loss to describe them with my limited word vocabulary and to describe them accurately. I know that certain terms are already industry standard (green, reedy, woody, grassy, etc) but something that to my mind smells green may not be the proper use of green. So, apologies!

These landed in my mailbox today, sat there for a few hours before being opened about thirty minutes ago.

3336 reservoir rd nw- I bought this because I liked the elements it is meant to evoke and I adore labdanum. Also: mysterious! What would it be like? I had a hunch it would be a favorite and I guessed correctly. I do get the labdanum esp when wet but this is not a resinous blend so much as something fresh and light but very rich. There's a lot going on here and it hasn't even settled down from traveling yet.

Diamond vs the countess. I love grapefruit and enjoy Fabienne's musks and chypres. I splurged on both of these to see how these two would compare/contrast.

Diamond is the juicier, fruitier of the two. The way the grapefruit and musk play off each other is brilliant. We've been having some very hot days and I can't wait to test this in the heat. My guess is that this will be perfectly refreshing and subtly sexy, even more so for not being a sweet scent. (It is sweet in disposition but not sugary, I should say)

The countess is pretty, classy, smells like it came from a perfume counter kind of scent. Diamond flaunts that it has grapefruit, this one is discreet in revealing its secrets. Very elegant!

Both countess and Georgetown are fantastic, but I'll need to tell you about them after I've had more time with them.

All of these are really beautiful. Fabienne has thrown a fantastic update to honor both her old website and her history. I can't wait to hear everyone else's experiences.

Cheers everyone! :champ:

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Fri May 01, 2015 9:13 pm

I really want to know more about 3336 Reservoir Road. I'm looking forward to reviews of it because I'm having a hard time getting a concrete sense of it from the description. Chypre? Dry? Tea? Inquiring minds want moar.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sun May 03, 2015 1:45 am

Annemathematics wrote: Diamond vs the countess. I love grapefruit and enjoy Fabienne's musks and chypres. I splurged on both of these to see how these two would compare/contrast.

Diamond is the juicier, fruitier of the two. The way the grapefruit and musk play off each other is brilliant. We've been having some very hot days and I can't wait to test this in the heat. My guess is that this will be perfectly refreshing and subtly sexy, even more so for not being a sweet scent. (It is sweet in disposition but not sugary, I should say)

The countess is pretty, classy, smells like it came from a perfume counter kind of scent. Diamond flaunts that it has grapefruit, this one is discreet in revealing its secrets. Very elegant!
Would you mind relating: How does the grapefruit in these two perfumes compare with the "White Night" Cambienne? Similar / different? Incomparable? The public longs to hear :) :pom: