Assorted Profundities Post-Yule 2010

A redundant forum which is merged/subordinated to the News forum. This is here for history only and if you want to post about something regarding Possets, please do that in the news forum. Thanks.

Moderator: Maya

1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

Hi, I really hate to be a pain in the a--. But, Dank, Dark and Black Hole, they are in the Halloween/Thanksgiving section, but they are also Dark Matter scents, listed in that section, so are they too going away at midnight? I'm going to assume so, but if not, and you happen to check the forum today, which you might not, and understandably so, could you let us know? That would be great. If I don't find out for sure, I'll snag all 3 to avoid missing them, just in case. I remember Civitaveccia and Fruitacca and all being voted on along with the summers, erm, I think, so I am assuming that Dank, Dark and Black Hole are going away along with the Haloweens, since they came out around that time. But, knowing for sure would be helpful. Talk about being down to the wire. rofl Thanks.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Not a pain, glad that I flitted in to read the forum on my way to the kitchen! The answer is that they are going to be leaving: Dank, Dark, Black Hole. They were voted on and were not the/among the top 3. I swore to myself that it was going to be 3 from Halloween and then on to Yules. Thanks for bringing this up, I think it illustrates how very complex this can get and how quickly it can be complex too. Happy Thanksgiving and stay tuned for What is Going To Turn Up Next!!! I think you will be happy with it.
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
ElizabethOSP
mortal
mortal

Post by ElizabethOSP »

:shimmykitty: Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!!! :shimmykitty:
samcalam
principalities
principalities

Post by samcalam »

Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all of you "south of the border" Ours seems so long ago. We sure do have alot to be thankful for- :ca::us::heartbounce::swingin:
1TrueEarthMama
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by 1TrueEarthMama »

Ok, just had a thought, *ponders contemplatively, as redundant as that may be* I don't know how the site is designed, and what it lets Fabienne edit once created. But, what about in every scent description a little thinggy at the bottom with a leaving date. Obviously, you won't know right away, so it might read *EDD, Estimated Date of Departure, yet to be determined) Whereas say one of the blends leaving tonight might say PumPom, (DD, Date of Departure, 11/26/2010, 12:00 A.M.) Also things could be labled with collection right in their description. Such as, Fabienne usually puts the fact that a blend is an OAR fragrance right in the title, and when not in the title, there is always, or almost always, I have yet to find a description without it, a blerb about what OAR is and why it rocks. But maybe saying in the first line or 2 of description for every single scent Halloween 2010, or Early Summer 2011, Dark Matter chapter 9, OAR Cats, and so on. Or, and I think your catagory was once called this, but (Leaving Soon) and only have blends leaving in the next removal and renewal cycle listed there. For instance. The Thanksgivings, Halloweens, OAR Cats returning, OAR Cats new this year, Dark Matter scents from chapters posted in Autumn, would all appear in a Limited Edditions or Seasonals Section. But in another section labled Leaving Soon, would be the OAR Cats Returning, the Thanksgivings, the Haloweens, and the Dark Matter Scents from chapters posted this autumn. Butt, the 3 Haloween scents voted perminant would not appear in the Leaving Soon, Wraith, Jipsy Grave and 301, and the new this year Halloween OAR Cats would not be listed either like Betsy the Cat, Veronica and so on. It would mean that things would be cross-listed, but that still happens anyway and has never given me any trouble. For instance, the 7 Thanksgiving Pies are all also listed in the collections section, and the Dark Matter scents that are leaving tonight are also in the seasonals and Dark Matter sections and so on. I don't know if it would be an astronomical amount of extra work for Fabienne, but if it would not, it might be helpful. Maybe. Just a thought.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

As Samuel Pepys would say,"...and so to bed." I have worked very hard today to give you endless mirth and fun tomorrow. Take a look at the site and see! I hope your Thanksgiving was as good as mine and that you have a great night. :HOXmasE036HL:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
portalkat
mortal
mortal

Post by portalkat »

Belated Happy Thanksgiving!

I am a bonehead and I missed ordering Spirit. I can't even believe that I did that. For some reason, I kept thinking that it was until the end of the 26th, although all of your posts are very clear about it. I glanced at the departure date a couple of weeks ago and I should have made sure, but I didn't and I missed the cutoff by an hour. LOL Fabienne, is there anything in a similar vein in the Yule lineup? I already hoard the wisemen, but is there anything else that you would suggest?
mountainwitch
primordial
primordial

Post by mountainwitch »

Possets. I love them. That is all. :Smitten_emoticon:
simonetta.vespucci
archangel
archangel

Post by simonetta.vespucci »

figures from the nativity story? fabienne, this new possetier loves ya!! (i am so getting some wise men...)
portalkat
mortal
mortal

Post by portalkat »

Thank you, I'll email you, Fabienne.........after my DH goes to take a nap or something. I swear, he is like a disruptive child. He must have driven those nuns crazy when he was a kid. *rolls eyes*