Assorted Profundities Post-Yule 2010

A redundant forum which is merged/subordinated to the News forum. This is here for history only and if you want to post about something regarding Possets, please do that in the news forum. Thanks.

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

There needs to be a general category where we can talk about a variety of things not necessarily having to do with the perfumes of the season. This is it.

I am just finished with the first of the sample labels and it came out beautifully. They are oil resistant and take ink to a great saturation. I can get them in gloss or in matte. Any preferences you would like to voice?

I think that they will do very well for the bottles, I will probably stay with the paper ones for poppets because the new ones are harder to use for that purpose (trust me, you can get fouled up with them and end up with a frayed temper and wadded up label very quickly). But I am very pleased indeed right now.

So, let me know: gloss or matte?
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
Galen

Post by Galen »

I'm intrigued by the possibility of an oil-resistant matte label!

But I don't really have a preference - whichever looks the best after several months of lovin'!
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

I don't know yet about the durability of them. It's new to me. However, I am confident that they will be a nice upgrade from the paper labels.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Take a look at today's blog. It' is partially about the performance of the new labels.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

If anyone has an iPad, I would certainly be grateful if you would tell me how the site looks on it.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

I just got the sample stock and put it to the torture test (with the help of my glamorous assistant, the CFO of Possets). After printing the labels, they both looked great. The ink was fully saturated, crisp, much nicer than the paper labels. Then I exposed both of them on bottles to water. Let water run over them from the faucet. Neither one ran. Then I took my finger and scrubbed the printing on the labels. The matte labels stood up perfectly, or as close to perfect as you could have in the real world. The glossy label had it's writing thoroughly erased when it was rubbed with my finger. So the winner of the water test was matte.

Next there was the oil test (once again with our glamorous CFO standing by to call the rescue squad in case of trouble). I took carrier oil and olive oil and tried them both. Wetting the labels did not produce the usual oily stain on either one. Scrubbing the writing and image with my finger did not produce much smearing at all, if any on either label. The test yielded a tie.

So, the verdict is that the matte labels are more sturdy against water and oil. Since there has been a vote and a testing experience, I say that we will be going with the matte labels for the bottles of Possets. They will be phased in gradually. At the moment, there is an order coming in from the maker and half are the glossy and half are the matte ones. I don't think I can stop it at this point but I will try. If not, some of the new labels will be glossy and some matte and I think that you will still be pleased with the results. But eventually we will be going to the matte ones. Thanks for voting on this, too. :daz:
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Just a reminder: Monday is a holiday in the US and the mail will not come in or go out of Possets. Mail will resume on Tuesday for any orders places between Saturday pickup and Tuesday. Hope that made sense.
Nyx
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Nyx »

I got a bottle of Stewart and the labels look fantastic! I didn't know they were being changed. Can you request labels? I have a bottle of Michigan --- Woodland Glade that got water on it...could I get a matte oil resistant label for it?
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Sorry, I can't retrofit labels. But I am replacing the labels bit by bit as fast as I can. I do agree, the labels look much better. They take the ink better and are oil and water resistant.
Nyx
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Nyx »

Yeah, I didn't mean to get water on it. I have other oils from Violette Market and even some old school BPAL bottles with paper labels and I never have smeared any of them...it had to be the first bottle I got from you. :( My beloved Michigan blend. Oh well, it's rainy there a lot so maybe it will help the flowers on the label grow.

I have it in a box now with all the other paper labelled oils. That will stop my butterfingers over the sink.

It's a beautiful day here in San Diego. Cool, cloudy, slight misty rain. Reminds me of England. :Raincloud_emoticon:

Of course, I would say "Hello, it's a beautiful day!" to people on the street as I make my errands, but they would look at me like I was daft. Yet they always say that to me on a 90 degree day when my skin is all red and I am sweating buckets and itching all over...oh yes, sorry THAT Is a beautiful day...not this one.

Oh...misty rain and coolness. It is so inspiring to me! I should go to the beach today!

Did I mention... :Raincloud_emoticon: ...so incredibly wonderful outside today!!! Makes me want to run my pale self all over the city, spreading the joy of no oppressive burning sun!