List of Top Ten Posset's

A redundant forum which is merged/subordinated to the News forum. This is here for history only and if you want to post about something regarding Possets, please do that in the news forum. Thanks.

Moderator: Maya

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

List of Top Ten Posset's

Post by sillageslut »

I am new to Posset's and I would like to get some feedback on what scents are people's favorites. You can list your top ten permanent catalog and top limited edition if you like.
Boudicca

Re: List of Top Ten Posset's

Post by Boudicca »

Welcome to the forum! I have been enjoying your reviews.
A great yet tricky question -- top ten. I may just revise daily.
1. The Whirlwind of Lust
2. Howl (Allen Ginsberg)
3. JFK & Jackie
4. 3 1/2 Horsemen of the Apocalypse
5. Gingerbread Whorehouse
Now it gets tricky...
6. Sweetbaby (I'd be even more sleepdeprived w/othis one)
7. At least half the Cambiennes (yeah, kind of cheating)
8. One of the OAR kitties should be here but not sure which
9. Panic
10. Ummmmm, 3:5:8 ? Or maybe Ara the Altar, Sacred Smoke, Holy x3? Ten is not enough.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

I forgot Death! I could not live w/o Death! Theodora should be on that list also. So, maybe Death and Theodora, being permanent, can take the place of those I mentioned that unfortunately did not become permanent.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

Ahahahahahahaha! This is like asking someone to name their favorite child--although I think naming a favorite child would be easier. Hee hee hee.

My list changes with the seasons, and my list doesn't necessarily include favorites in current rotation (or seasonal rotation for that matter--although, to be fair, I don't really focus on rotation it's just what I tend to pick up continually when I'm too hot or chilly or...).

In no particular order, my favorites are (and I'm not going to count, I'm just going to list them because I know counting will fail me and I actually might have more success listing favorites by collection lol):

Currently in heavy rotation:
Ara--the Altar
Arcturus
Lyra

Standard Favorites:
Apep
Nuut
Silver Chypre
Gingerbread Whorehouse/Crackhouse
Dark Lady (this is not a favorite on me, but it is gorgeous on my mother--like, I never knew those notes could smell like that together, gorgeous)
Indigo (this one is always an instant "Ahhhhh, yes, just what I needed" when I put it on)
Lavender Pepys
Moonie (discontinued)
Orion (despite not lasting long and having low throw, this has been one of my favorites since first sniff. I love Diptique's Tam Dao, and this reminds me of that--both creamy soft wood fragrances)
Bar Sinister
Heka
Nefertiti and Akhenaten
Fearful Symmetry

Others I like a lot and on certain days are my favorites:
The Damned Flower
Point
Lovechild Gingerbaby
Death
Hubris
Theodora
Morgan Le Fey
Great Psychiatrist of Babylon
Cri de Couer
The Moon
Abraxas
Midnight Mass at Old St. Marys (this dies more quickly than I'd like on me and doesn't have a lot of throw, but this is *the perfect* scent when I need it)
The Clockwork Kumquat (when I feel frivolous and fun)
Chocolate Incense
Fascinator (love that mix of woods)
She Walks in Beauty
Over the Rhine
Field of Reeds
Phyllotaxis
BBC (when I want something totally gluttonous and sweet)

I'm sure I'm missing a couple, but this were the primary ones I could scramble for in my brain first.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut »

I received my first order of 10 bottles from Posset's a week ago and I have already ordered 10 more! I'm freaking out because I haven't ordered any of the Night Sky blends and so many look wonderful. I guess I will be making another order before they are gone because some of the ones I wanted didn't make the vote for permanent(Ara the Altar, Andromeda, Lyra, Casseopia, Nebula). After I complete my third order I better get my ass to a 12 step program. This is becoming an expensive addiction albeit cheaper than drugs. Then while in rehab I will work on my top ten list.
Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya »

sillageslut wrote:I received my first order of 10 bottles from Posset's a week ago and I have already ordered 10 more! I'm freaking out because I haven't ordered any of the Night Sky blends and so many look wonderful. I guess I will be making another order before they are gone because some of the ones I wanted didn't make the vote for permanent(Ara the Altar, Andromeda, Lyra, Casseopia, Nebula). After I complete my third order I better get my ass to a 12 step program. This is becoming an expensive addiction albeit cheaper than drugs. Then while in rehab I will work on my top ten list.
That sounds familiar. When I joined I went sample crazy and that kick-started my addiction. It's been interesting to me to see the ebb and flow of what has become instant favorites. (That reminds me, I need to buy a back up bottle of Lyra. Mmmm sooooo good.)

And wait until you read through the reviews and start on your "retour" list. I had been running a retour list and only got about half of what I wanted on the last retour, so that list is still hanging around (and growing based on what I run through that didn't make it).
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

Maya wrote:
sillageslut wrote:I received my first order of 10 bottles from Posset's a week ago and I have already ordered 10 more! I'm freaking out because I haven't ordered any of the Night Sky blends and so many look wonderful. I guess I will be making another order before they are gone because some of the ones I wanted didn't make the vote for permanent(Ara the Altar, Andromeda, Lyra, Casseopia, Nebula). After I complete my third order I better get my ass to a 12 step program. This is becoming an expensive addiction albeit cheaper than drugs. Then while in rehab I will work on my top ten list.
That sounds familiar. When I joined I went sample crazy and that kick-started my addiction. It's been interesting to me to see the ebb and flow of what has become instant favorites. (That reminds me, I need to buy a back up bottle of Lyra. Mmmm sooooo good.)

And wait until you read through the reviews and start on your "retour" list. I had been running a retour list and only got about half of what I wanted on the last retour, so that list is still hanging around (and growing based on what I run through that didn't make it).
ROFL!!! Maya, my retour list is getting way too long!

Oh my, this request for top ten will take some time. Sooooo many good ones! Maybe three or four top ten lists?
Chime
archangel
archangel

Post by Chime »

My top 10:

The great psychiatrist of babylon
Pauline
Wings of an angel
Neptune
Hope
Chocolate Incense
Dangerous oil
Over The Rhine
Gingerbread whorehouse
Eve
codexnocturna.blogspot.com
jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo »

My top ten..

Arcturus
Reba
Lovechild - Cranbaby
Cri de Couer
Arabesque
Gauze Screen
The Feather of Maat
The Great Embracer
T.S. Eliot--April Is The Cruelest Month
Mary Shelly
funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 »

A top ten is a lot easier than a top 5, even though there are still lots of other blends that I love that aren't on this list (and a lot I need to catch up on and test out). But I guess these can be considered the ones I reach for the most (along with the reason I love them, which might be helpful). The first 4 are in order, then the others change around.

Howl (smutty deep musks and patchouli)
Zubeneschamali (unisex perfection - like the sexiest library on earth full of terribly sexy people)
Death (divine dry sexy chypre perfection)
Silver Chypre (comfort chypre)
Nigel (gentle woods and spice - an original OAR, he was adopted so this scent is discontinued)
Venus Black (velvety peppery musk)
Dangerous Oil (gorgeous going-out then getting-off scent)
Simulated Cupid (on me: vanilla, cinnamon and amber.)
Halloween (Glorious bonfire scent - seasonal)
Field of Reeds (dry woods the way I love it)

Honorary mentions: Madame X, Hyde Park, Naples Yellow, Inez, Montana, Brass Heart, Pauline, The Shipman and many many more. There are just too many blends I love madly.
Last edited by funkmoppet2 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 am, edited 9 times in total.