Lavender

All the notes you love to talk about, contained in one forum area.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Lavender

Post by Maya » Thu May 21, 2015 1:07 pm

From woody and herbal to cuddly and soft, Fabienne gives us plenty to talk about.

I didn't use to adore lavender, but then I met Possets. I tried quite a few of them (under the advise of several folks here), and found that not only was I loving lavender, I was craving it.

One of the perfumes that caught me most by surprise is Indigo. It reminds me some of Lavender Pepys, but the spice (and I'm a sucker for spice) just gives it that something that keeps me reaching for it a lot. Many folks here swear by Ponder for bed time, but I've found that I lean more toward Indigo or Lavender Pepys for that bed time snuggle.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Boudicca

Re: Lavender

Post by Boudicca » Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 am

Sweetbaby will always be my sleepy-time fav lavender!
Favorite lavenders not necessarily for sleep would be The ARC of Venus, Ego, and Black Prince.
I'm sure I'm forgetting some but there's my top 3 after my Sweetbaby!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Sat May 23, 2015 3:12 am

Lavender is the one floral I love, largely because it can be sweet or herbal and, unlike the other florals I only like conditionally (like rose), I'm never bored by lavender. I do enjoy sweet lavender, but the sweet/comforting lavender blends just don't float my boat as much as the drier, herbal offerings. Pair it with black pepper, for example, and I'm in heaven. My favourite lavender Possets to date are Heka, Indigo and Lavender Girl.

gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie » Thu May 28, 2015 4:16 pm

I also love lavender from Possets in a way that no other perfumer has been able to convince me of. I adore Lavender Pepys and Lavender Girl, and I wear Nefertiti and Arkenaton and Black Prince in the fall. (Black Prince is great on my husband too.) Indigo was too harsh for me. Ego is a more herbal lavender and I like it with the dark chocolate but it only works on me some days of the month, oddly. Id didn't work on me at all.

Sweetbaby doesn't have enough lavender for me - it's all about the vanilla/lavender to my nose. Ponder has a nice lavender but I find that the vanilla aspect of that scent is plasticky or Play-doh like on me :(

I want to love Amethyst, but it keeps going very powdery on me and I am not sure if I like it or not. I am looking forward to trying the Seductive Jesuit.

Lavender is really the only "floral" note I like in perfumes.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Sun May 31, 2015 10:00 pm

I haven't really tried many of possets Lavendar scents but I really do enjoy Heka though I find the lavendar very subtle in it. But my goodness, Indigo made me swoon it's spicey and herbally but with just a tiny touch of a vanilla sweetness. I was sniffing my wrist alot the day that I tried it for the first time,

Maladextrose
primordial
primordial

Post by Maladextrose » Sun May 31, 2015 10:07 pm

I usually prefer my lavender in a fougère and/or quite herbal, but I found myself enjoying lavender pepys despite my expectations.

From the comments on this thread, it sounds like I need to try Indigo.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Sun May 31, 2015 11:01 pm

I'm another convert to Possets lavender. The softness of Sweetbaby has made it my go-to at bedtime; to me, it is a fluffly cloud of vanilla-lavender bliss. For day, Silver Lavender is my favorite.

And I will add that although I usually don't care for the more herbal side of lavender, that bracing quality has made me reach for Lavender Girl sometimes when I want to wake myself up and get my brain in gear.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

I'm another convert to Possets lavender. The softness of Sweetbaby has made it my go-to at bedtime; to me, it is a fluffly cloud of vanilla-lavender bliss. For day, Silver Lavender is my favorite.

And I will add that although I usually don't care for the more herbal side of lavender, that bracing quality has made me reach for Lavender Girl sometimes when I want to wake myself up and get my brain in gear.

ETA: I forgot to mention Arc of Venus, another favorite on the soft and cuddly side. And I'm also finding that, even though it's more herbal than cuddly, Amethyst is really ringing my chimes on this first skin test.

ETA again: Grande is a fabulous chypre with lavender.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.