Wax

All the notes you love to talk about, contained in one forum area.

Moderator: Maya

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Wax

Post by Minh Scent » Sat May 30, 2015 7:31 pm

I never had wax as a note on my radar screen until I met the indies. I went for Midnight Mass at Old St. Catherine's for the incense, but fell in love because of the wax. It takes the perfume to another level. Of course, what is more beautiful than the smell of candles and everything they are associated with: spirituality, sex and celebration. (My husband would say, "Electricity being off", but we'll ignore that comment!)

I now buy perfumes if they have this note in it, regardless of what else is in it.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wax

Post by Maya » Sat May 30, 2015 10:37 pm

I agree! I really have grown to love wax notes in my perfume. It gives an added layer/depth that really can make a fragrance. I'm so glad you brought this note up. It's one that I think is often pushed aside or ignored, but really can be fantastic.

One of my all time favorite perfumes here with wax is The Shipman. (Shhhhh don't tell anyone, but sometimes I reapply just to get that shot of wax.) I love how even when wet and fresh and trying to be sharp, it's still all smooth and creamy and waxy and all waggling eyebrows at me.

And although Lovechild--Meltbaby doesn't say wax, it has a great cherry chapstick/waxy side that I really enjoy. It seems to add depth and yet smooth/round it out so well.

I can't not mention Candybox Pretty, too. One reason I love that one so much is because the wax note is so present. It's such a brilliant contrast to the sweetness. It smooths it all out and keeps it from being tooth-rottingly too much. Mmmmm wax. Soooo good!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Re: Wax

Post by funkmoppet2 » Sun May 31, 2015 10:13 pm

Love wax! Love it dearly in both Midnight Mass and The Shipman - especially the latter as it's stronger in that one and the result is so good. Beeswax particularly is the only bee-related note I can really do, as I find honey is often too cloying for me. Beeswax, on the other hand, is wonderful.