Oude

All the notes you love to talk about, contained in one forum area.

Moderator: Maya

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Oude

Post by woodenmango » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:39 am

Oude was was never really on my radar until I started collecting Possets. Now it is probably one of my top five favorite notes.

So far my favorites are Arabian Dance from the Nutcracker (which also happens to be my favorite coffee scent) and Sweet Arabia. In Arabian Dance it is a lovely underlying note which adds to the "coffee by the fire" feel that whole thing has. And Sweet Arabia is just overall so nice, itr smells like the most wondeful incense ever and I feel like the oude adds a woody sort of sweetness to it.

I look forward to trying Fearful Symmetry and that Oude Time Religion aswell.

Shah Jahan and Mumtaz Mahal and Betsy also feature oude and are lovely, but I actually dont seem to notice it in those ones. I am curious to see how others feel.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Oude

Post by Annemathematics » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:42 am

There is some nice smokey oude in the drydown of Dies Irae.

I really enjoy it in oude time religion and fearful symmetry too.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:06 pm

I am still working my way to understanding oud (oude, agarwood), trying to distinguish its particular personality. Gimme That Oude Time Religion is a lovely scent: it is rich, warm and settles close to the skin, low sillage (on me). I expected to get to know oude through this blend, but like many of the Possets, it is so well blended that individual notes do not so much make their appearance. The oude does such a perfect dance with the pachouli, frankincense and vetivier, that it strikes me as a lovely woody/earthy scent.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:12 pm

Oude Time Religion remains my reigning favourite Possets oude - wore it all day yesterday and I swear, it just gets better and better each time I wear it. I love many Possets blends containing oude, but that one sends me to heaven the fastest.

I've never smelled pure oude and very much want to. Pure oude comes with a mighty price tag (as most pure components do), but I'm contemplating getting a small sample at some point. A perfume reviewer on Youtube bought some, so he could smell the pure thing, and his thoughts on it made me really keen. He used words like "barnyard" to describe it, and it made me really appreciate how perfumery works these pungent elements into blends to bring out the subtleties and nuances within. Also makes me keen as hell to smell some Arabian fragrances. The UAE is a bit far for me to go, but I hope I can snag some samples online somewhere. :tfb:

I will have my single note sniffing cabinet one day! So many of my favourite notes fascinate me and I really want to be able to smell them individually, in the raw.