Ozone

All the notes you love to talk about, contained in one forum area.

Moderator: Maya

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Ozone

Post by funkmoppet2 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:13 am

:chase: :frolic: :chase: :frolic: :chase: :frolic: :chase:

^ I feel that is an accurate representation of how I feel about ozone. I love it in large doses, I love it in small doses, I love it with greenery, I love it with woods, I love it with musk... It's also a divisive note, and often gets given the "soapy" descriptor, and yep, it can smell soapy. But it can also smell crisp and invigorating, like a jump into cold water or a brisk sea wind, and depending on what is blended with it, it can give the impression of warm or cold air. I love the sharpness of ozone - which is probably the least liked thing about it, but it's bright, cleansing and centering to me and I often crave that sort of scent.

Frequently paired with florals, but can also be used to brilliant effect with woods and/or musks. I confess, I'm yet to find a Possets blend that really hits my ozone needs, but it features in many blends. Maryland-Wurter has had the strongest ozone presence I've found so far, and I do love that one.
Last edited by funkmoppet2 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozone

Post by Maya » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:16 pm

I do love the sharpness of ozone. It is my favorite when it leans to the sharp side. It can be so bracing. I tend to not buy perfumes with it as a main note because some have gone so horribly wrong on my skin, but when it's right ohhhh man is it ever right!
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!