Mint

All the notes you love to talk about, contained in one forum area.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Mint

Post by warriortwo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Does anyone have any particular recommendations or comments about their favorite mint perfumes? I find myself craving something pepperminty lately. I tried Alaska recently, but there is something sweet and fruity/floral about it that isn't quite right on my skin.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Mint

Post by Annemathematics » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:41 pm

warriortwo wrote:Does anyone have any particular recommendations or comments about their favorite mint perfumes? I find myself craving something pepperminty lately. I tried Alaska recently, but there is something sweet and fruity/floral about it that isn't quite right on my skin.
I've tried two scents that I like very much:

Love amongst the snow dunes "Very cool with mint and lilac rolling around in the snow dust with a shot of citron and an underpinning of smooth deep white musk."
And
The star "Siberian fir combines with peppermint and is topped off with a big grind of black pepper, white pepper and sandalwood."

People speak highly of lavender girl, which I haven't tried.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:14 pm

Annemathematics wrote: I've tried two scents that I like very much:

Love amongst the snow dunes "Very cool with mint and lilac rolling around in the snow dust with a shot of citron and an underpinning of smooth deep white musk."
And
The star "Siberian fir combines with peppermint and is topped off with a big grind of black pepper, white pepper and sandalwood."

People speak highly of lavender girl, which I haven't tried.
Those sound lovely! Snow Dunes has been on my "keep an eye out" list. And having fallen in love with Romping Skyclad, I would love to try another Fir fragrance, so The Star might be a good fit.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:33 pm

warriortwo wrote: Those sound lovely! Snow Dunes has been on my "keep an eye out" list. And having fallen in love with Romping Skyclad, I would love to try another Fir fragrance, so The Star might be a good fit.
Next retour!

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:05 am

The Thieving Magpie was a fun scent but definitely sweet and foody, it made me think of juicy fruit gum. I like it but had to swap it cause everytime I wore it I felt annoyed, which is kind of funny.

If you like sandalwood, Orpheus in the Underworld is a good one (sadly it is gone now and was from Halloween 2015). There is some lime in there but to me this is definitely a mint-sandalwood duo.

I am realizing that I haven't really tried many posset mint scents, I should fix this!