Review Requests and Random Stuff

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Maya » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:53 pm

Once again, Boudicca's great idea is continuing on. Feel free to post requests for more reviews for a perfume of interest, chat about the collection, and derail into anything, if so desired. :grin:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Minh Scent » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:03 pm

Maya and Boudicca, I love this derail thread!! Thank you! I only ordered Summer because I needed my suitcase space for bottles of T and A (no! Not Tits and Ass, oh sensuous ones..Tested and Adored!!) However, I have already begged for a testing of Windmills because how can a vanilla-aquatic accord that Fabienne created herself be ignored!

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:13 am

Oh yeah, Windmills is higgghhh on my list. I can't wait to see reviews!

I think this thread is such a great idea. We have so many smart and awesome people here. :grin:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:33 pm

Agreed about Windmill! I'm going to wait a bit for reviews as I am still currently enjoying the fabulous Spring Collection scents, but would really appreciate people's inputs on the following:

Hay Wain - I was sold at grapefruit, but hope there's more going on here as well.
Leda and the Swan - sounds right up my alley, but I'm wondering if there's too much patchouli in this? I hope the strawberry note is dominant.
Sea of Ice - how close is this to an actual ocean scent?
Seascape - same question as above
Ship of Fools - this one sounds amazing all around
Summer (Watteau) - I am finishing off my beloved "Venus of Willendorf", and this sounds like an amazing sequel.
The Swing - is this a strong scent? I hope so :D
Windmill at Wijk

All of your reviews will be deeply appreciated, so please keep them coming! :pom:

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:02 am

I've also got Windmill earmarked for interest, along with:

4 Seasons Summer
Sea of Ice
Mayan Queen Bloodletting Sacrifice
Summer (Mucha)
and Sunflowers

Really looking forward to reviews of not just these, but the ones that aren't waiting hopefully in my cart. Especially interested to hear about the floral offerings, since they're never ones I go for but damn it if the reviews for the florals last collection didn't make me want to risk breaking character and getting one.

jackieo
archangel
archangel

Post by jackieo » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:36 am

I'm trying budget 3 bottles from this collection, but I have 5 on my list :gaah: I guess I will just have to wait for reviews.

Tres Riches Heures
Girl with the Watering Can
Portrait of Jane Small
Luncheon on the Grass
Hay Wain

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Post by Petticoats » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:41 am

Count me among those curious about Windmill. I'm also looking forward to reviews of Clod, Summer (Mucha), and Olympia.

I ordered Sunflowers, Duchess of Alba (although I'm worried about the grape), and Blood Sacrifice.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:30 pm

I am on a budget this collection too. I started going through the new fragrances hoping that not many would intrigue me. No such luck! I am stoked about the bamboo as it is one of my favorite notes, also hawthorn, copal, green patchouli :), not the dry aged stuff (hoping the strawberry isn't too strong in that blend), aquatics and lots of green notes, the Queen of Green strikes again. Before trying Posset's, I wouldn't touch aquatics or florals but, Fabienne has converted me.
Last edited by sillageslut on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Theoretically, my bottle of the swing should be here tomorrow or Saturday. I'm so excited!

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:39 am

Gah! Also attempting to budget. Something I should have been doing since, oh, say, December? Anyway.

I have the scary Mayan Queen and the Pendant Mask in my cart. I'm thinking I can maybe get one more this time around and am considering a foodie. Most likely Mrs. Abington or Tres Riches Heures. Next choices might be the Swing or Chic w/ Watering Can. Fireweaver, you said you're expecting a bottle of the Swing? Looking forward to your impressions of it!!

I feel like I should try something out of my comfort zone, but, um... that would be out of my comfort zone!! I probably should've looked into decants for this collection. Oh well. It would have been more chaos. Am taking a week off work after the 4th. I think one of my projects will be getting up to Gander Mountain, buying several ammo boxes and organizing decants/poppets/froppets. If I don't start organizing stuff around this house soon I'm likely to wind up on some unflattering reality program on TLC or suchlike.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds