Review Requests and Random Stuff

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by hill78 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:35 am

The fruity scents this go-round are blowing me away!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:26 pm

Has anyone tried hay wain? Please tell me it's awesome

hill78
principalities
principalities

Post by hill78 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 pm

I have it, but haven't tested yet. I have a terrible headache, and I'm afraid it might be a bad scent to test while headache-y since it has a floral component (strong floral notes can exacerbate headaches for me). In the bottle it smells lovely!

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Feel better!

stubbornfire

Post by stubbornfire » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:22 pm

Hoping for a review of Ship of Fools. There are roughly four that super caught my eyes this time but I am also super on a budget. Oh, Dutch Adonis also! :s:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:03 am

Hello, everyone,
I have experienced Possets since last year and I really loved the Sicilian Seduction summer collection last year. I have not posted before though I have enjoyed reading the forum posts. I took a break from perfume buying and am back this summer for Summer of Elegance, which looks like such a wonderful collection. I have really appreciated the reviews so far and based on what Minh shared I ordered Summer (Mucha). I also ordered Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose and Hortus (as I love linden blossom notes and florals). Dutch Adonis is one I am very interested in, but was afraid it might be a bit too masculine, so it's one I would love to hear about if anyone tries it, and I might place a second order (even though I shouldn't--am feeling like an addict!:)

I will be happy to share my thoughts when I get my order in and have a chance to try them~

Warmest regards to everyone!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Hey there, Marisaviola, I just had my nose in the Summer again and love it! It sounds like vyou are a floral person with your selection. Will be looking forward to your reviews.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:02 pm

Thank you, Minh Scent! Looking at the fragrances you have mentioned in some of your posts, my sense is we share some similar tastes in many notes. I also love the woods and especially sandalwood, vetiver and oud, and love some of the resins and chypres. I am also a lover of carnations and spices.

Boudicca

Post by Boudicca » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:06 am

If anyone got Olympia, Portrait of Mrs. Abington, or Luncheon on the Grass I'd really love it if you shared your thoughts!!
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Boudicca wrote:If anyone got Olympia, Portrait of Mrs. Abington, or Luncheon on the Grass I'd really love it if you shared your thoughts!!
I just posted my review for Olympia. I only purchased three scents this collection so my reviews are all posted. I might grab something else before the collection goes down if one of the fragrances gets rave reviews and it's my kind of scent (maybe Summer) but, I'm trying to save some funds.