4 Seasons Summer

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

4 Seasons Summer

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:13 am

Possets description: A perennial favorite, the Japanese images of Kuniyoshi and his lady who is busy dealing with the rains of summer on her fashionably high clogs. Somehow Kuniyoshi makes even the most mundane tasks look like epic chic scenes.

Bamboo, silk, Japanese incense, a hint of water, and fresh green shoots, and a small introduction of sandalwood in the mix to send a cooling breeze your way.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: 4 Seasons Summer

Post by Atropos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:46 pm

Anyone tried this one?

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:20 pm

I put some on fresh from the mail box so I will probably update this post in a few days. It goes on very green and sharp, similar to Fijian Broach but, the drydown is much different. The sandalwood, incense and silk emerge smoothing the edges. The incense in light, never too much and balances nicely with the bamboo and other green notes. If you like Fijian Broach, you will like this, although the sillage is not as good because it doesn't have that boost of lime that FB has. I will definitely be wearing a lot of this, very nice.

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm

I am really liking 4 Seasons Summer. It is green but not as green as Fijian Broach but, it is smoother. It is a very large collection this year but, I hope 4SS will be in the permanent catalog and it will definitely be getting my vote.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Thank you, that is great information, sillageslut. I was leaning toward this one and very interested, though I have really gone overboard with this summer's collection this year already and should restrain myself! I have Flying Horse so I was wondering how they compare with one another? I wasn't sure how similar the fragrances would be and didn't want too much similarity.

sillageslut
archangel
archangel

Post by sillageslut » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:41 pm

marisaviola wrote:Thank you, that is great information, sillageslut. I was leaning toward this one and very interested, though I have really gone overboard with this summer's collection this year already and should restrain myself! I have Flying Horse so I was wondering how they compare with one another? I wasn't sure how similar the fragrances would be and didn't want too much similarity.
The green notes are similar but, the scents are very different. I am glad to have both as I am not a floral person so my summer fragrances are mostly green. Fabienne does GREEN better than any other etailers hands down. I completely understand how easy it is to go overboard on great collections. I was very impressed with Flying Horse also and was glad that the ginger was not dry. I love that it is a nice juicy ginger, it blends so well with the juicy bamboo. 4 Seasons Summer is softer and smoother.

funkmoppet2
archangel
archangel

Post by funkmoppet2 » Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:01 pm

Opens with earthy greenery, deliciously sharp (and I LOVE this part), then softens as the Japanese incense blooms. It's soft, sweet, musky and as it dries, it becomes powdery soft on me. I barely detect the sandalwood, so it's no doubt well in the background, as it's the incense that's dominant on me on the dry. Unfortunately, the bamboo all but vanishes.

Dang, I wanted to love this one. As it is now it's still pretty, but I'm not a fan of scents that turn powdery on me. I'll be popping this one into the storage box and revisiting it later to see if it needed more settling time. Hopefully some aging will help.

Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:18 am

Oh man this is gorgeous. In the bottle it is a watery fresh green scent, like a waterfall grotto in the middle of a bamboo forest. Just sniffing this is taking me back to something I can't quite place...it is familiar yet so far in my past...I'm not sure what the silk accord is, I think it is just adding to the fluid quality of this scent. As it dries, the teensiest bit of sandalwood emerges on top of the finish of Japanese incense. Fabienne nailed the incense note, it truly does smell like the Japanese incense that I know and burn constantly. It leaves a slightly smoky scent that lingers on the skin in an exotic and intruiging way, and I wish so hard that this had become a permanent, because I think it is such a beautiful scent. I can't wait for the next retour, because this is on the big bottle list. Until then, I will cherish it, and use it for special occasions.