Bikini Girls of Sicily (Ancient mosaic)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Bikini Girls of Sicily (Ancient mosaic)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:15 am

Possets description: On the floors of a fabulous villa in Sicily are mosaics which had to have belonged to a tremendously powerful man. The most famous of them all are several women in bikinis who are pursuing gymnastics of various sorts. They use dumbbells, run, play ball and throw the discus. At the end, one crowns herself the champion. They are beautiful and smell of the thick myrtle blossom honey, a tot of almond bitterness (like cyanide) and the summer jasmine which is so enchanting around the Mediterranean. On top of that, add a deep portion of coumarin from the ripening summer grasses, a drop of blood red pomegranate and the merest breath of saffron. Fetching, with the floral element carefully woven through the blend and the overall effect is foody yet ineluctably musky. Very Sicilian. The essence of summer on the island so that you can almost hear the cicadas grinding.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

celandine
primordial
primordial

Re: Bikini Girls of Sicily (Ancient mosaic)

Post by celandine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:08 pm

Bikini Girls is such a complex and interesting scent! In the bottle and on first application there's the sharp, bright scent of flowers with a very noticeable creamy note beneath. I've never been able to smell two very different scent families in a perfume before so this was quite a surprise! As it dries, the creamy note becomes more prominent, mingling with the floral to become a very soft, close, feminine scent. Not a lot of throw or longevity - this is a scent that I would wear to work without fear of offending any scent-sensitive coworkers! It's sweet but not too sweet, floral but not too floral. Very true to the description!

Melian17
primordial
primordial

Re: Bikini Girls of Sicily (Ancient mosaic)

Post by Melian17 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:30 am

I'm not much of a floral lover but I do appreciate a nice jasmine now and then, as long as it doesn't go all bathroom air freshener, as some do. This is the nice kind of jasmine, really lovely, and it is most prominent when first applied. After a few minutes it subsides a little and is joined by a creamy almond and the hay-like scent of coumarin. It gets more musky as it dries down. Very feminine and sensual.