Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose (Sargent)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose (Sargent)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:18 am

Possets description: The beautiful Sargent image of innocent children thoughtfully lighting lanterns in the summer backyard surrounded by a variety of blooming summer flowers. Mystical, hypnotic, almost narcotic pink and white blooms beaming out of the grass in an other worldly twilight.

Yes, carnations lilies and roses recreate this elegant dusk scene, with the ambient scent of heavy green air and earth. Floral and classic, just lovely and very come-hither.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose (Sargent)

Post by marisaviola » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 pm

I received this two days ago in the mail as part of my "Summer of Elegance" collection. It is indeed heady, especially straight out of the bottle or when first applied on the skin. I put it on around 11:00 AM and now at 8:30 PM I am smelling a faint trace on my wrist, so it lasts well. Initially for me the notes that were most prominent are a rose with some green aspects to it, with another floral note that is sweeter that I think may be the lily, and a tinge of the carnation on the edges. After having it settle into my skin for an hour or more, the carnation becomes a bit more prominent, blending with the rose. The notes are well-blended and it's hard to pick out the earth note, but the green in it definitely gives it more depth than a simple soliflore or sweet floral, and for floral perfume lovers who enjoy these notes, this is a more classic type floral composition that one could imagine Lady Agnew of Lochnaw wearing.
http://www.johnsingersargent.org/Lady-Agnew.html

anardana
primordial
primordial

Post by anardana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 pm

This perfume is exactly what I hoped for! It smells like fresh flowers. It's not sweet or heavy. It's a lovely floral for summer.

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:26 am

I am copying and pasting in what I wrote last week under "Retour Recommendations" in case this is helpful, and this is probably where I should have posted it initially. I recently tried it again to re-evaluate it after it had a chance to settle and develop in the bottle. Carnation, Lily, Lily, Rose has developed beautifully, and the carnation is really rounding things out now. You can smell the lily, and a bit of the rose, but the rose is not predominant in this fragrance to my nose. To me, it's a beautiful carnation fragrance. For those who love carnations and wear florals, I highly recommend this as a carnation fragrance to add to your collection. It also lasts very well, it's been about 4 hours since I put it on, and the past three hours I've been running around in town in 90% humidity today, and it's done really well. Not too loud, to me it's not an "in your face" floral, as the spiciness of the carnation balances it out, and the lily lends it a bit of freshness. However, It lasts well, and the carnation is beautiful on my wrist now some hours since putting it on.