Hay Wain (Constable)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Hay Wain (Constable)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:22 am

Possets description: The Hay Wain is known as one of the most perfect paintings in all of English painting. The composition, the lyrical realism, and the subject all team up to show us all that this was painted by a master. Of course his sky is perfect, he even pulled off putting quite a few evenly spaced holes between the clouds in one version!

To have such a great painting in mind deserves a great perfume. This is lush and plush, very very classy, strong and full of character. Grapefruit meets lily of the valley, skin musk, white wood vanilla (not at all cupcake vanilla), and crystal musk. The result is exquisite. What does it have to do with a hay wain? Nothing. It's all about the art of perfume. I think this one is a glorious thing which is dignified, sophisticated, and amazingly sexy all at once.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Hay Wain (Constable)

Post by hill78 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:18 pm

I think my skin amps the lily of the valley note, this is very strongly floral on me. The grapefruit is a close second, so initially it is very high pitched citrus and floral. Almost too much for me. After about half an hour I am able to get some of the base notes. the scent has a mellow sweetness, probably thanks to the vanilla, and I do get a hint of muskiness. I think this one may need a bit of aging to allow it to meld together.

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:09 am

how does it compare to dance with me? Other than Lily of course :)

celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:57 pm

This is very much lily of the valley on me, but with a sharp green - green notes tend to go soapy on me so this reminds me of a very fancy soap from a very fancy hotel! Pretty nice throw and good longevity to it. Unfortunately I don't get any other notes out of this, but it may just be my chemistry!

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:31 pm

THIS. IS. AWESOME. The grapefruit balances the lily of the valley beautifully, creating a floral that is both strong but also fresh, so not overwhelming! The perfectly balanced summer floral.
fireweaver wrote:how does it compare to dance with me? Other than Lily of course :)
To answer fireweaver's question, to me this smells nothing like "Dance With Me". "Dance" smells a bit like a tangy pastry (because of the vanilla and grapefruit), whereas this is more floral and lily-of-the-valley, with grapefruit adding as a backdrop to make sure that the LOTV doesn't knock you backwards with its heady scent.