Leda and the Swan (da Vinci)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Leda and the Swan (da Vinci)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:26 am

Possets description: Leda and the Swan-Y. B. Yeats

A sudden blow: the great wings beating still
Above the staggering girl, her thighs caressed
By the dark webs, her nape caught in his bill,
He holds her helpless breast upon his breast.

How can those terrified vague fingers push
The feathered glory from her loosening thighs?
And how can body, laid in that white rush,
But feel the strange heart beating where it lies?

A shudder in the loins engenders there
The broken wall, the burning roof and tower
And Agamemnon dead.

Being so caught up,
So mastered by the brute blood of the air,
Did she put on his knowledge with his power
Before the indifferent beak could let her drop?

The rush of wings, a bucolic tryst with a soft feathered winged creature which results in two sets of twins, all fated to be cultural pivot points. da Vinci shows the happy family, dad with his wing around the svelte hip of mom who smiles beatifically at her brood.

Red and perfect strawberry juice with a goodly background of the green frill of the berry, a new and green earthy patchouli, a little fig to sweeten the mix, a background of white musk. A divinely sexy thing over which to lose one's mind for a while in sweet relief. A bit naughty but the consequences could be mighty.

Foody and fruity, musky and resinous.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

hill78
principalities
principalities

Re: Leda and the Swan (da Vinci)

Post by hill78 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:26 pm

Dirty, naughty berries! These strawberries have been sitting in the sun, waiting for some wicked seductress to come along and gobble them up. Fresh strawberry juice and naughty patchouli keeping those strawberries from being all girly and frilly. Absolutely what I expected. This reminds me of BPAL Lawn Gnome, a favorite of mine from way back. It had a cream note that didn't always work with my chemistry though, which Leda, thankfully, does not. This is a gorgeous hippy lady who knows what she wants, and what she wants to smell like. And she likes to smell like dirty berries! A+

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:22 am

Exactly what hill78 said.
I don't like strawberry when it's all fruity and girly. We don't have that at all in Leda.
It surrounds you like a happy and sexy cloud.

Bea33
a spark
a spark

Post by Bea33 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:19 am

Does this one have a "fruitchouli" vibe? I've been looking for a good one in this category, and Leda sounds like it could fit the bill. Any thoughts?

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:37 am

That is a nice description, yes I think it "fills the bill" (according to the swan, that is). :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Bea33
a spark
a spark

Post by Bea33 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:55 am

Thank you for your response, Fabienne! This one sounds delicious.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 pm

Okay dirty little berries sounds good to me. I don't go for foodie or fruity (because my skin does awful, awful things to them-which makes me cry I love food), but this sounds like one I could get away with.

anardana
primordial
primordial

Post by anardana » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Right out of the mailbox: all I'm getting is fruit. Realistic strawberry and green fig.
Smells like something I would like to eat, but not something I would like to wear. I'll give it a week to settle, maybe the patchouli will come out to play.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:11 pm

This reminds me of the Spiritual Sky strawberry oil I used to buy as a teenager. Sometimes I crave that scent and this is a nice, slightly warmer take on it. I don't get Patchouli out of it, though I think it's because strawberry and patchouli are both pretty intense, and I think they're battling it out for dominance. Just to test this theory, I dabbed on some extra single-note patchouli oil, and I get a kind of back-and-forth "Is it strawberry or is it patchouli?" effect, with the strawberry winning by an edge.

It's a great every-once-in-a-while novelty, and it pairs very well with Chocolate Incense! I am almost tempted to add vanilla so I can get a Neapolitan Ice Cream effect. :frolic: