Morning Walk (Gainsborough)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Morning Walk (Gainsborough)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:31 am

Possets description: A lovely couple out for a summer morning stroll with a tree lined bower in the background. Thomas Gainsborough is known for his portraits, of course, but he is well loved among artists for his landscapes, and particularly the verdant summery type.

The deep greenery of a shady dell, an accord which is the jetty side of chlorophyll, combined with the scent of green tea brewing and a goodly waft of coumarin from a blooming sweet woodruff. This is an early summer stroll in a bottle, you are in an organza dress beside your honey and the white fluffy dog is in attendance. There is a musky undertone to all this green and a dry edge to it all which lends a refreshing quality.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Re: Morning Walk (Gainsborough)

Post by marisaviola » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:02 pm

When I smell this in the bottle, it smells like a soft apricot or peach note with some fresh green to me, reminiscent of "Myrtle of Venus" but much softer. These notes are not listed in the fragrance, so that was confusing to me, but I have since learned that certain notes can mimic others. In my case, the green tea and coumarin come across as soft peach to me. I put this on a tester strip and it has this same note on it for me. I took the tester strip to my neighbor's house to have her sample it, and she loved it. She said it smelled wonderful but she couldn't identify anything specific in it. She said if pushed to figure out a fragrance, it almost smelled a bit spicy to her.

On my skin, this at first had the soft peach and apricot type note. The perfume is more muted on my skin than on the tester strip, and my neighbor mentioned that it was softer on me than on the tester when I asked her to smell my wrist and give me her assessment.

As it dried down, the coumarin came into play on my skin and I could detect a slight green note. Today, one day later, on the tester strip there is a fresh coumarin/hay type fragrance remaining.

This was a good education in how scent affects us all differently! That soft peach or apricot aspect may not be detectable to someone else who tries it, so please take my evaluation as a very individual thing since there are not fruit notes in it. Though peach or apricot are not my favorite notes, I found it a lovely, fresh fragrance with a dry ending, and I suspect many Possets fans will love it.