Sea of Ice (Fredrich)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Sea of Ice (Fredrich)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:38 am

Possets description: A famous painting and eerie, this shows an ice pack which has crushed itself with shards jutting upward in a knifelike tangle. Buried deep in the recesses of the chaos is a doomed ship tipped over with no speck of human life nearby.

In the grip of the heat of summer, it is prudent to produce a product which is unabashedly chilling. So, I give you Sea of Ice a perfume which combines the tang of marine life with the quietude of things cooling. Another aquatic base is frozen into a sculpture by way of mint, lime, birch, and green tea ice cubes. Put this on and be refreshed, it's like a sharp spray of 31 deg water.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Sea of Ice (Fredrich)

Post by Atropos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 pm

Any one tried this one yet?

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:30 pm

To me, this actually smells more green/ herbal than aquatic. It is refreshing for sure, and has a "bitter but good-for-you" feel. I can't pick out the individual notes on this - it is very well blended. It reminds me of something from my childhood in Russia that I can't quite put my finger on - maybe the birch?

I'm not sure whether I quite like the scent (maybe it's the childhood memories talking), but if the job to be done is to be refreshed, then it delivers. Just like a spray of icy water in that respect :D

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:56 pm

In case anyone is on the fence about this one, it has aged BEAUTIFULLY. The sharpness has mellowed out, and now this indeed smells like sea spray. It's divine in hot weather, and I wear it all the time now.