Sunflowers (Van Gogh)

The languor and buzz of summer. What a serene time, perfect for the flowers, green, aquatic, and perfumy.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Sunflowers (Van Gogh)

Post by Boudicca » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:44 am

Possets description: Rich and deeply golden, Sunflowers is a scent which perfectly captures the radiance of Vincent's sunflower series. A thick honey base, drawn over with the fragrance of the green stem and a whiff of pollen, a background of saffron, and the distant perfume of a hidden woodland white flower. This is a perfume which will bloom on your skin with the heat and remain as a golden halo around you for the day, and a remembrance of the day into the night. Very sexy.

Musky, foody.
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds

Petticoats
virtues
virtues

Re: Sunflowers (Van Gogh)

Post by Petticoats » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:45 pm

First try out of a hot mailbox, so the usual disclaimers apply, but in bottle and on skin this reminds me very strongly of the honey in Holy Holy Holy, with the addition of a sharp green note.
Learn about me and my books at www.amandadewees.com.

Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:44 pm

I love Fabienne's honey notes. And I love green notes (Neptune is one of my favorites). This one sounded right up my ally. How sweet does it get though?

celandine
primordial
primordial

Post by celandine » Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 am

Sometimes scents come across as colors to me, and this one is accurate to its name - a warm yellow/orange with a tinge of brown/green. Someone on another forum mentioned that they were disappointed because this didn't smell exactly like sunflowers... which is strange because sunflowers don't really have a distinctive smell (at least not to me!) I'm lucky enough to live in the Midwest where the farmers will very occasionally plant a whole field full of sunflowers in their crop rotations; it's really just breathtaking to behold miles of drooping sunshine-yellow heads. The honey note here comes across more as the gentle sweetness of clovers than just straight sniffing a jar of honey and there's a definite floral background, not strong enough for me to really identify, but it reminds me of something soft and wild, like eglantine or mayflowers or buttercups. This is a fairly light scent on me that stays very close, though I do catch a whiff of honey when I'm moving around. Even after the initial fade it seems to last a few hours as a faint floral sweetness. If sunflowers had a distinctive scent, this is exactly what I would have imagined it to be - sweet and wild and ethereal. This will definitely be a scent I will use often over the summer!

Malaena
primordial
primordial

Post by Malaena » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:26 pm

I'm really, really bummed. I think Posset's honey note hates me. The honey single note smells like Koolaid and so does Sunflowers. ARG!!! :cuss:

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:22 pm

Sunflowers starts off very honeyed, and I pick up the pollen note right away--the green aspect from stems and the soft wildflowers follow. Though there are some soft florals, as a whole blend this feels very golden to me, not really floral. This is lovely and a perfect rendition for Van Gogh's painting. It also surprised me with how Very long-lasting it is on me. This is a fragrance that to me says "perfect summer day."