Gingerwitch

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Gingerwitch

Post by Boudicca »

Is there anything more interesting than a red haired witch? The thought conjures up dark cake gingerbread and almond, deep juvenile musk and heady invitations.

Foody, foody, foody.

The image is The Witch's Sabbath by Falero
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Re: Gingerwitch

Post by Atropos »

oh oh reviews are surely around for this one...someone must have tried it! :grin:
PeculiarHeroine
mortal
mortal

Post by PeculiarHeroine »

So this may have been in last years Halloween scents list, but I'm just finally getting around to reviewing it. Something about ginger seems very wintery to me.
This is gingerbread-ish, with a sweetness from the almond, and a solid grounding from the musk. It keeps away from being too foody, but it still has something playful about it.
Alas, it didn't last very long on me. My skin seemed to gobble it up as if it were gingerbread, after all!
lily

Post by lily »

I love Gingerwitch, I bought a second bottle straight away! Its the almond in this that makes it my favourite of the gingery scents - marzipan, a ginger cake topped with marzipan, yum.
PeculiarHeroine wrote: Alas, it didn't last very long on me. My skin seemed to gobble it up as if it were gingerbread, after all!
The almond part of it didn't last long on my skin, although the ginger did, but putting it on my clothes instead kept it smelling almondy all day.