Review Requests and Random Stuff

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Maya » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Feel free to post requests for reviews, rave, make comments, and have fun here. This section has been proving to be pretty helpful to a lot of folks, so please feel free to give voice to anything relating to this release!

Edited to add this *****NOTE******

Autumnal Equinox, Ghost Fart, and Halloween were merged with the threads from their respective previous releases. I was hoping that I could leave a shadow topic in place that would allow the "placer" to show that they were rereleased with this collection, but I was unable to do so. ALL reviews for those three can be found in the PREVIOUS SEASONAL POSSETS. Please post there for further reviews on those three perfumes. Thank you for understanding and cooperating. :hug:
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Minh Scent » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:49 pm

Well, good job, Minh Scent! After a delightful cruise through the art and descriptions, I managed to "narrow it down" to 17. HA!
Oh, goodness, did you notice there is a RED CAP lurking in the smilies!!?? ACK! :gnome:

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:56 am

Yeah, narrowing down this collection is going to be super hard for me. I LOVE autumn and autumn perfumes. Wiggling that list down is going to be painful.

On a side note, I was pretty fascinated to learn about the gnomes. Makes me look at the neighbors who have them with a raised eyebrow now lol.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:44 pm

I narrowed it down to a list that is sure to change, but my starting point is

black annis for my love of all of the notes. I put on Mistress of trembling and wondered if BA would be too redundant. but as I wore MoT, I realized that it's so pretty, I'll win if it is/win if it's not.
dancing with the sprites in the fall rain mushroom musk?? MUSHROOM MUSK!!
kuchisake-onna dragon's blood and angelica and a spooky kind of pretty
lady hawke what does loblolly pine smell like? it may be that the only way I can fool people into thinking I am breathtaking, rich, well bred and well educated is by donning a perfume costume.
min-min (ghost lights) Sandalwoods, leather and a slight infusion of rose.
strigoi you had me at "almost a chypre" and the list of notes
the flirty she-corpse I don't know that I've tried Fabienne's cedar note yet. i love oakmoss and sambac and think this will be a unique and stunning scent with the cedar/peach combo.
the scent of night yes I love the spikenard and violet, and haven't met a possets musk yet that I didn't enjoy.
xuong cuong green + musk + wood + dirt sounds glorious.

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:27 am

Well, Anne, except for Dancing with the Spirits in the Fall Rain, those are exactly the ones in my whittled down list (surprise, surprise).

One (of the many) things I love about Possets is that I can wait for reviews and not worry about a scent running out.

fireweaver
mortal
mortal

Post by fireweaver » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:35 am

Jurogumo is the one scent calling me as a must get asap. I love the musk in dance with me, I think I love cardamom and peach, so all of those together. .. but, Halloween is tempting me too... must wait til payday!

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Minh, did you see the coffee scent?
http://possets.com/a-special-posset/asa ... erfume-oil

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:31 pm

Please note to all that I added a note above in the original post regarding Autumnal Equinox, Ghost Fart, and Halloween. Thanks!

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:09 am

I have ordered about 16 decants and I just could not narrow things! I decided to branch out and try some new things that I would normally be wary of such as:

Manticore: I'm usually pretty war of florals and particulary roses but this one could be interesting.
Rougarou: Sweet things can be iffy on me, particularly if they have buttery or cream edge but I just not resist the name. And I am hoping that the coriander balances things out with an herbal quality.
Dancing with the sprites: aquatics tend to go very soapy on me but I have had a little luck with Possets, particularly with Lachrymosa so this might turn out. Also Mushroom musk? How could I not be intrigued!
Kelpie: Pumpkin is an iffy note for me so if it is paired with vanilla or spices I tend to avoid it as it usually amps and turns kind of waxy makes me smell like a candle. but I am hoping the patchouli and fruits will keep that from happening.

The ones I am most excited for and seem like it was just meant to be are:

Jin: I like peach and tabacco and I loooove patchouli. So how could I resist?
Min Min Sandalwoods and leather? yes please!
Zombie Oud!!! Also I rather liked the marshmallow in Chupz so I am hoping a toasted marshmallow from fabienne will be even better.
Halloween I've heard good things about this and since coming over to possets Ive developed quite a liking for smokey/incensey blends.
Sasquatch This sounds like it will be wonderfully musky and perhaps fairly masculine which is something I like.

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:40 pm

I got decants of:
Autumnal Equinox
Banshee
Dancing With the Sprites
Halloween
Jin
Kelpie
Lady Hawke
Min-Min
Redcap
Sasquatch
The Scent of Night
Zombie

And I'm kicking myself for not getting Barmbrack, Jurogumo, and Xuong Cuong. They have notes that I have issues with, but I should know by now that some of my favorites have notes I didn't think I'd like. Erg. If anyone gets those and wants to share, post them in sales and swaps, and I'm all over them. Or maybe Angie will have some leftovers. Funds are super tight now but I've got an addiction to feed :debbil: