Review Requests and Random Stuff

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Anoxia
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by Anoxia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:27 pm

I am really looking forward to reading the reviews of Zombie. It sounds so awesome, but unfortunately I didn't order it. I could only afford to order one thing, and I had to choose Asmodeus, since I am super curious to find out if the lavender/pumpkin combo in Asmodeus has the same "pheromone" note I perceived in Heka.
“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” ~ Rumi

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:48 pm

I'm looking forward to all the reviews, but especially the two that I'm super-curious about but didn't order:

- Dancing with the Sprites (I love the idea, but not sure how mushroomy that mushroom musk is! A bit is good, more than that might be too much for me)
- Manticore (I own plenty of rose perfumes, but am curious what niche this one fills! Something tells me that with a name like "manticore", this must be something very special indeed.)

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 pm

I just received my order. First impressions (in the bottle, I haven't tried anything yet) :
Asmodeus: rich spicy pumpkin with a hint of something else but I don't smell the lavender.
Jin : oriental peaches. Not fruity but really oriental.
Lady hawke : woody, calming. Like walking into and expensive spa.
Kelpie : crispy apples. I really want to know how it evolves on my skin
Zombie : woody, smoky, dark, sensual
Kuschisake : fresh and clean. I can't stop thinking "herbalist"

pink.dot
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by pink.dot » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:52 pm

Thank you Mina!
I think I 'll need Zombie for sure!

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Thank you Mina! Looking forward to reading full reviews. I'm really excited to try Zombie and Lady Hawke, but may not be able to buy bottles till November.

Annemathematics
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by Annemathematics » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:18 pm

These just landed. They will change a little perhaps with time, but initial bottle and group test thoughts are as follows:

black annis absolutely stunning bright juicy licorice. Captures the darkness of the candy and the brightness of the flavor brilliantly. I don't consider this to be redundant to my other licorice scents (my possets include silver licorice and mistress of trembling). A little playful. Very wonderfully nuanced with the whole anisette family being present here.

dancing with the sprites in the fall rain Fabienne has absolutely nailed being outdoors in autumn with this. Not in an evergreen forest, not in the high desert nor in Mediterranean clime of Oakland, but a place where leaves turn and fall and fires are lit and the air turns crisp. Very much the smell of dead leaves and cool air in a bottle, with the barest possible suggestion of sweetness to remind you that it's a perfume, after all.

kuchisake-onna stunning juicy sweet feminine resin loveliness. A classic beauty, bright and bringing a smile to my face as I sniff it, which cracks me up considering the appearance of its inspiration.
With a little time the initial sweetness subsides and a suggestive and otherworldly blend of musk and sweet patchouli (it is indeed a light and sweet patch) come forward and the result is beautiful and surreal. I kinda want everyone to try this so we can all talk about it.

the flirty she-corpse I think I need to let this one sit a bit, as it's changing every time I sniff it as though deciding still how best to present itself. The oakmoss, the peach and the cedar are all very sensual in this. Unisex, with a sultry warmth.

the scent of night don't know how to describe it but I adore it. A little sweet, a little musky. Getting the violet. Warm hints of woods, a touch of herbal. And the musk is divine.

I feel a bit cocky because I batted 1000% with my choices, but the true victory goes to Fabienne for creating these beauties. Thank you so much, Fabienne!

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:41 pm

:frolic:
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:57 pm

Ohhhh! Thank you, Mina, Anne for initial reviews!! So excited!! (Add me to the list of those that said, "Mushroom musk? Intrigued, but I'll let the daring put their nose in first!") Red Cap!!!! :gnome:

mina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by mina » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:28 am

Tried kuchisake last night before sleeping. Much more complex that it seems. I have to try it again and do a full review. I think this one will change a lot depending on the person who wears it. Intriguing...

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:44 am

Ahhh Kuchisake-onna and Dancing with the Sprites are both on my list and they sound amazing! Thank you Annemathematics for sharing your first impressions too.

Now to find the patience to wait till November before buying anything... :gaah: