Review Requests and Random Stuff

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by warriortwo » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:45 am

Happy (belated) birthday, Stellamaris! What a great way to celebrate!

I am impatiently awaiting all the reviews, and yet going crazy each time one comes in because the decant order hasn't shipped yet. Also going crazy because I didn't include Barmbrack and I suspect a full bottle of that will make its way into my cart very soon.

caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:11 pm

stellamaris wrote:The peach note in this is subtle and lovely. It's not a fresh peach, or a loud peach.
Thank you stellamaris! And happy birthday too :grin:

Now wondering if I should blind buy a bottle...

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Mustering the courage to try "Dancing With the Sprites". Sniffing out of the bottle, I'm getting a mustard-like note which makes me a bit nervous...maybe I'll let it sit a bit.

woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:19 am

I know they will be up for abit but I am having fun trying to predict to myself which ones will make permanent. My bets are on Zombie and Amodeus, not sure about the third. Honestly I will eat a hat if Zombie does not make it (probably also be very sad too).

Side note, my decants are on their way wooo! :batflap:

Maya
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Maya » Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:16 am

katiushka wrote:Mustering the courage to try "Dancing With the Sprites". Sniffing out of the bottle, I'm getting a mustard-like note which makes me a bit nervous...maybe I'll let it sit a bit.
Interesting. I had to pull out my bottle to give it a sniff, and I am wondering if what you are smelling is the fall leaves note. It's pretty dominant at first, but the way this one snuggles down on the skin is pretty fantastic. It does shift around a bit though, so if you don't have the time to wait for that to happen, I definitely suggest finding a day when you can do so and get all the nuances before it settles down.
If you can't be a success, be a spectacular failure!

marisaviola
archangel
archangel

Post by marisaviola » Sat Oct 31, 2015 1:59 pm

My decants arrived yesterday! Big excitement! I just posted four reviews on the review site and wanted to add that I tried Autumnal Equinox and smelled a very realistic fresh and juicy apple fragrance, rounded out with some spices and a slight resiny aspect. I gave that to my neighbor as a birthday gift so I will not be doing a full review of it, but wanted to share my initial impressions. Ghost Fart smelled rather ozony and misty to me, perhaps some vanilla and grey or skin musk, but it was hard to pin down, and such a great name!

Happy Halloween, everyone! :catpump:

:batflap:

Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:45 pm

Goodness, the survey is up already and I have no idea what to vote for, not being able to smell these lovelies. I usually go by notes and reviews, so need to do my homework this weekend. I am leaning towards Min Min with three sandals and leather, as well as Zombie (oude and vanilla) and probably Xuong Cuong out if national loyalty for my adopted country...Hmmmm.....

steffanina
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by steffanina » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:43 am

I don't know what to vote for either! What's everyone's favorites so far?

I am loving Zombie and Death Apple so much. Silver Pumpkin wants me to make it permanent just on the silver principle (I adore the silver note, just adore it in everything), though it does fade to a little mustiness on my skin. But I feel like that's no reason I should penalize it for everyone! :D

Gingerwitch and Banshee are lovely things as well.

katiushka
archangel
archangel

Post by katiushka » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:16 pm

I ended up voting for Jin, Lady Hawke and St. Expedite. The first two I really love; the third I haven't tried but the reviews sound amazing.

I think I'll be happy with however the results turn out - I liked everything I tried, and all the others sound really darn good as well :grin:

Melian17
primordial
primordial

Post by Melian17 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Did anyone get Gingerwitch? I'm wondering if it's anything like Gingerbread Whorehouse which I LOVE, but I'm nervous about the almond. I wish I had gotten a decant:(