Review Requests and Random Stuff

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Review Requests and Random Stuff

Post by fabienne »

Goodness, I am so sorry you have to put up with that kind of stuff. Around here we are just the opposite. I know the FedEx, UPS, and mailman and they are all sweethearts. Once the mailman brought back a package because he noticed it had no shipping label on it! The FedEx guy once jumped out and scared my to death as a joke (he is really a great guy). I wish you had that kind of attitude out there. I do think that living in a huge city is a tough thing. Maybe I am just spoiled and trying to spoil you. :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
warriortwo
archangel
archangel

Post by warriortwo »

fabienne wrote:Goodness, I am so sorry you have to put up with that kind of stuff. Around here we are just the opposite. I know the FedEx, UPS, and mailman and they are all sweethearts. Once the mailman brought back a package because he noticed it had no shipping label on it! The FedEx guy once jumped out and scared my to death as a joke (he is really a great guy). I wish you had that kind of attitude out there. I do think that living in a huge city is a tough thing. Maybe I am just spoiled and trying to spoil you. :hrt::
Cincinnati seems like a magical place. I just bought a custom bed from someone in another part of Ohio, and I started looking at maps to see where in the state all these wonderful items have come from. I never would have thought of Cincinnati as a vacation destination, but through the little Possets stories, and now seeing pictures, I think it would be a neat place to visit.
Boudicca

Post by Boudicca »

Thanks to all who have been sharing their impressions! I could only justify one other bottle to travel with the Cambiennes and I went with The Scent of Night, which wasn't even really on my radar the last time around.

Tomorrow I intend to test Min-Min and hopefully review it. In the bottle, it's pure love :hrt::
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
Zahira
primordial
primordial

Post by Zahira »

This is just a preliminary overview of my Halloween haul, but my verdict so far is that Fabienne has outdone herself. These are amazing!

Lady Hawke: A very sophisticated scent. Very well blended, and smells the most "perfumy" of all the blends. Smells like a fancy expensive lotion.
Kuchisake Onna: One of the most unique scents ever. Spicy, herbal, resinous, and floral. Like tiger balm mixed with a fancy perfume(but in a good way...!) Weirdly fantastic.
Xuong Cuong: Young, upbeat, citrusy green. Hints of an earthiness, but yuzu takes over and makes you think warm weather. Refreshing.
Barmbrack: Omg boozy cherries. Like buttershnapps mixed with maraschino cherry juice. Makes my mouth water.
Spider Juice: An almost vegetal pumpkin scent at first. Then morphs into spicy pumpkin goodness.
Psychopumpkin: Super spicy at first, and then becomes like a caramelized pumpkin creme brulee smell. Like the top layer of a pumpkin pie.
Silver Pumpkin: Pumpkin with the silver base. Need I say more? Psychopumkin with silver. Fantastic.
Kelpie: Juicy, crisp, apples and peaches, followes by the mellow pumpkin, and slight amount of patchouli. Smells like a caramel apple cider from starbucks.
Min Min: This is the most leathery scent I have ever smelled. Pure leather and patchouli, then the sandalwood comes out to smooth things over. Just the teensiest floral hint of rose, but most true leather I have ever smelled.
Halloween: Reminds me of the candle from Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Fireside. Not a dupe, but more true to life than that. Really smells like a bonfire, with caramelly cider and ooey gooey burnt marshmallows, while smoky incense burns in the background.
Argh this might be my favorite update of all time. Brava Fabienne! :frolic: You are a true artiste.
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

I choose to believe that the PO has saved my Possets for my birthday, today...
It is shipping, I hope it gets here!
I only got a tiny order :wink: , but there is stuff I am like why did I not get THIS! Like Redcap for instance :gnome:

I got :
Halloween
Jurogumo
Kuchisake-Ono
Ouija
St Expedite
Zombie
and a bottle of Lavender Corset rode along because I need it for sleeping, I'm out of my Lavender Girl.
Minh Scent
principalities
principalities

Post by Minh Scent »

Ah, Happy Birthday, Stella :hrt:: ! Wishing you happiness and perfumed splendor.

SO excited to see the reviews coming in!!! It looks like such a rich collection.
fabienne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fabienne »

Yes, happy birthday, stellamaris...star of the sea!!! :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::
I have sniffed the Panties of Ptah!
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

:bchamp: I thank you adorable Minh, and amazing Fabienne...have some Champagne...cake is later...

and thank you Mr or Ms Mailperson!!!!!!!!! My lovely Possets came today, I am in love. They are all awesome, and I will attack each one separately. However I think Zombie and I are getting married... :hrt:: :hrt:: :hrt::

LOVE the blue bottles, love them!!!!!!!!
caith_possets
mortal
mortal

Post by caith_possets »

Can anyone tell me what the peach note is like in Jurogumo? I'm a bit iffy on peach but this is calling to me for some reason. And I forgot to add this one to my decant order. :gaah:
stellamaris
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by stellamaris »

The peach note in this is subtle and lovely. It's not a fresh peach, or a loud peach.