Asanbosam (African Tree Vampire)

Full of wonders, signs, and glorious fall perfume.

Moderator: Maya

Boudicca

Asanbosam (African Tree Vampire)

Post by Boudicca »

Bitter almond is the perfect top note for fall, heavily strong but very short lasting smelling like a distant electrical storm and of cyanide. Cardamom in abundance and a nice bed of fresh brewed arabica coffee dark and rich, this amid the perfume of clove from Zanzibar, and Vietnamese cinnamon . A strange creation having a zesty/nutlike/paper quality to it, but an amazingly compelling combination. Sleek and sexy, and ineluctable.

The almond is a reminder of the poisonous tree vampire which sucks the spirit, blood, and soul out of passersby. This is an African creation, pitiless as drought and overwhelmingly strong, impossible to forget. For all its ruthlessness, it is beautiful.

Please Note: This blend contains natural spices and might irritate the skin of sensitive people, please be sure to do a patch test if you are a tender person.

The painting is from the wonderful Renaissance Italian painter Giuseppe Arcimboldo who is famous for his "vegetable men".
'Tis an ill wind that blows no minds
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Re: Asanbosam (African Tree Vampire)

Post by woodenmango »

Huh! SO the almond note in this truly is /bitter/. I was expecting a sweet amaretto kind of almond but that is definitely not what I get from the vial. It is really bitter, like "this stuff will poison me!" bitter but as the description says, this disappears pretty fast after application. For the briefest moment when this hits my skin I get a super strongly brewed coffee. And then I get the spices, it id like a mulled apple sort of spice smell but without the apple, if that makes sense. Not sweet, just spicy cinnamon and clove. I don't know if this is a bottle purchase for me, but I like it
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

As I miss the most perfect Halloween scent with chrysanthemums and coffee (Pauline one of the kitties). I have been on a quest for Fabienne to create another like it. this sounds close. But I'm very nervous about the almond, which always smells like maraschino cherries on me. I do adore her coffee scents, so I'm tempted by this one. Any one else have any issues with the almond?
woodenmango
preternatural being
preternatural being

Post by woodenmango »

Atropos wrote:As I miss the most perfect Halloween scent with chrysanthemums and coffee (Pauline one of the kitties). I have been on a quest for Fabienne to create another like it. this sounds close. But I'm very nervous about the almond, which always smells like maraschino cherries on me. I do adore her coffee scents, so I'm tempted by this one. Any one else have any issues with the almond?
I normally cant do almond scents myself, they amp and go sickly sweet. But this one stays dry and I feel like there continues to be a sort of "burnt nut* kind of smell in the background which is actually more pleasant than it sounds, haha.
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

woodenmango wrote:
Atropos wrote:As I miss the most perfect Halloween scent with chrysanthemums and coffee (Pauline one of the kitties). I have been on a quest for Fabienne to create another like it. this sounds close. But I'm very nervous about the almond, which always smells like maraschino cherries on me. I do adore her coffee scents, so I'm tempted by this one. Any one else have any issues with the almond?
I normally cant do almond scents myself, they amp and go sickly sweet. But this one stays dry and I feel like there continues to be a sort of "burnt nut* kind of smell in the background which is actually more pleasant than it sounds, haha.

You and I may be similar in chemistry. I can't do almond normally either, but if this works for you then it may work for me. ROFL "burnt nut" actually sounds good to me. :grin:
gypsyjolie
principalities
principalities

Post by gypsyjolie »

Mmm, this is delicious.

I was afraid of the almond, but this was definitely nutty rather than cherry-ish almond. The cardamom is very evident and is helping to temper this scent to something warm and spicy and sort of toasted. I can smell the cinnamon, and even the clove, but I can't identify the coffee definitively. This is predominately a chai sort of scent. It's gourmand, almost a baked good type of scent. This is dry and spicy, also seeming very airy rather than heavy - unisex. This would be amazing on a guy but is warm and comforting, but the cardamom is the star and makes this surprisingly sexy. Decent throw. the cardamom and clove linger the longest.
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. ~ e e cummings
Atropos
virtues
virtues

Post by Atropos »

gypsyjolie wrote:Mmm, this is delicious.

I was afraid of the almond, but this was definitely nutty rather than cherry-ish almond. The cardamom is very evident and is helping to temper this scent to something warm and spicy and sort of toasted. I can smell the cinnamon, and even the clove, but I can't identify the coffee definitively. This is predominately a chai sort of scent. It's gourmand, almost a baked good type of scent. This is dry and spicy, also seeming very airy rather than heavy - unisex. This would be amazing on a guy but is warm and comforting, but the cardamom is the star and makes this surprisingly sexy. Decent throw. the cardamom and clove linger the longest.

You make this sound even more intriguing. It may be moving to my must buy list. :grin: